Reason for edit
Could a reason that you edited it (your post, and try saying that 10 times fast) be added?
--
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hail Obi1.10Kenobi,

Do you mean when WE (the mods) edit posts? We do: usually in bold text too!

Do you mean others, editing their own posts? Most of the regs add an "Edit: I'm feeling lysdecix today" or something after an edit.

More information please :D
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
For instqnce, say I edit my post. The reason for it was a typo. There would be a little box, which is labeled Edit Reason: and you put your reason for edit there...
Hail Obi1.10Kenobi,

Perhaps a little obsolete: those who want to clarify why the edit already do; those that do not want to would be a little anoyed if we made them. Bolty's call though.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Have not seen anything in the forum code that does this.

It is something that could be hacked in, that would be something you may wish to request of the Invision Board creators as an option for future versions of the software.

As for doing it here, as Elric said, that is Bolty's call.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Speaking as one who has had to edit her posts more than once......

There are just too many reasons for having done so. The way things stand, I get to say what I please about my reasons. I don't find it onerous to have to type an additional sentence after making whatever changes were necessary.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

No functionality exists for this in the code, and I think it's best the way it is. If you want to say why you edited, you can. If not, not. You can't hide your edits, though, preventing a "hey, you edited your post after I made my argument!" situation.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.