Questions that need answers!
This post is "sort of" inspired by the quite hilarious "top 10 physical impossibilities" article by flux over at dii.net. I really enjoyed reading that and it got me thinking about some burning questions about the game. If anyone has answers (or questions of their own :) ), let's see if we can shed some light on these mysteries.

- who was isenheart, and why did he have so many breastplates?
- (side question: why does meph have so many of aforementioned breastplates?)

- why is tal's mask (a caster set piece) one of the very few items with dual leech?
- (side question: why is tal's mask so ugly?)

- now, as the article stated, vultures in flight are invulnerable. Now let's think on that for a second. Let's first assume they're out of range of a barbarian who can leap across wide rivers, etc, carrying a 6 foot spear. Let's further assume they're out of range of an amazon shooting an arrow. Let's even furhter assume they're out of range of such sorc skills as lightning, fireball, etc.
How are they high enough to avoid meteors, thunder storms, or blizzards?
How are they high enough to avoid fist of the heavens?
And finally, if they're that high up, and you view the game from above, shouldn't they look really really big while flying?

That's all I have for now. Add your own questions and answers!

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Quote:who was isenheart, and why did he have so many breastplates?

Isenhart is a last name of some people. Why does he have so many breast plates? Because he is a very, very bad man.

Quote:- why is tal's mask (a caster set piece) one of the very few items with dual leech?
- (side question: why is tal's mask so ugly?)

Because they didn't know what other mods to put on it and putting mana regen and fast cast rate is too overdone.

Why is it so ugly? Because they forgot to balance out the items. In Diablo 1, many great items had drawbacks. This does not exist in D2 often, so instead they added the drawback of being extremely ugly. Take Harelquin's Crest and Vampiregaze for example. Would you want to go out on the street wearing one of those? Or that pink Arkainine's Valor? I thought so.

So it's a balance between power and Fashion sense.

Vultures:
Quote:How are they high enough to avoid meteors, thunder storms, or blizzards?
How are they high enough to avoid fist of the heavens?

Easy, bad aim, plus lightning tends to hit the ground. It goes along the laws of physics for anime. :)

Quote:And finally, if they're that high up, and you view the game from above, shouldn't they look really really big while flying?

Because you aren't really looking from above. ;) If you were the game would seem flat.

My own question:
If a stack of javelins was "unique" does that mean that all of them are unique and how the heck do you repair them if you throw them all away? :lol:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
If you believe that a line in your char file is your sword why can’t you accept all of the above!
One of the most idiotic things in Diablo 2: WHY THE HELL THE FIRES HAS SHADOWS?!?! This goes from act 1 to 4, they didn't do it in act 5
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Whats Atma's phone number ? ;)

Am I the only one who knows what the chatgem does ?

If all the barbarians in A5 have the same haircut , shouldn't there be a barbarshop ( ;) ) in town ?
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
gekko,Apr 15 2003, 12:52 AM Wrote:- who was isenheart, and why did he have so many breastplates?
They were both paranoid - they wanted them around just in "Case".
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla