Help with sig
Administration,

Can you help me? I was wondering if there was a specific size requirement for signature pictures. Because, the signature that is down here is kinda big....if you guys (and gals) think that it's too large, then I'll promptly remove it. I was just asking you guys first to avoid being *kicked out* of the Lurker Lounge.
Also, if it is too large, then do you know how I can shrink it down? I was kinda think to use the full pic for my sig with the head as my avatar. Thank you for the input, and I'll check back immediately so I'll know if it's too large. Okay, thanks!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Oh yeah. Too big.

You could use something as simple as Microsoft Paint to squeeze its size down.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hail Premezilla,

As a rule of thumb: if your sig is longer than your average post size, it's too big. That sig... I think it would have been too big for even Sirian :P
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Bolty,Apr 7 2003, 04:56 PM Wrote:You could use something as simple as Microsoft Paint to squeeze its size down.
Word up Bolty and Elric,

I have a question: How?
I mean, I believe that the forum only allows me to use an image in my sig if it comes off a website. And if I recall correctly, someone said that geocities isn't a good site to host pics on. Now, here's my dilemma: I already tried fiddling with HTML source codes and all that hokey-pokey, but I have absolutely no clue as to what everything means. So that was scratched. Also, even if I managed to shrink it down, I would still need to post it up somewhere so that I could use it to "link" to my sig. So Bolty and Elric: How would I go about shrinking the sig down? I mean, I really like it, cause it's a cool barb pic, and if I couldn't use it....then that would stink. So anyway, could you guys tell me (perferably in step-by-step directions) on how to shrink it down then put it back up onto my sig. Thanks!

Also, is the reason you don't allow pics for sigs to be pulled straight from someone's computer part of the software for the new forum, or is it just becuse you don't want to "hold onto" lotsa different pics that would take up tons of space? Just a question.

EDIT: Almost forgot my greeting....also, how could I go about making part of that pic for my avatar? Thanks again.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Hail Premezilla,

Load the image in MS Paint, hit Ctrl-W, and stretch it to a dimension smaller than 100% - I'd guess about 50% should do it. Then, upload it whereever you had it before, or read my FAQ (both are good really :P ).

As for an Avatar, either shrink it to about 10% (give or take), or resize the image to 64 x 64 pixels (Ctrl-E for that menu), and use whatever remains in it ;)

Just fiddle about a little, and I'm sure you'll get it soon enough :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I didn't check to see where that image was hosted when you first posted it, but from this last post it sounds like you had linked a picture off another web site. Just so you know, this practice can make those webmasters very angry- they most likely have to pay for the bandwidth, including the bandwidth that we're using by looking at your sig here. So, I would very strongly encourage you not to link to another site's image if you don't have their permission to do so.

As far as hosting, I understand that it can be tough to find a host that will allow you to link an image remotely. One of the best places to check might be with your ISP- often they will provide a certain amount of personal web space. I don't know off the top of my head what some other good providers would be, but perhaps some other posters have an idea.

Good luck!
Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Apr 7 2003, 08:21 PM Wrote:I didn't check to see where that image was hosted when you first posted it, but from this last post it sounds like you had linked a picture off another web site.  Just so you know, this practice can make those webmasters very angry- they most likely have to pay for the bandwidth, including the bandwidth that we're using by looking at your sig here.  So, I would very strongly encourage you not to link to another site's image if you don't have their permission to do so.
Word up Griselda,

That is very, very true. I was just so caught up in the heat of the moment (Oh my gosh! What a cool picture! That would go great for my sig! etc. etc.) that I didn't stop to consider that. Thanks for bringing that up.