Run/walk speed
This seems like a topic that surely would have been discussed before, but I have been unable to find the info I need by searching this site. (Does the Search link on the left hand side look thru the old forum???)

Anyway, is their a maximum to fast run/walk or does it have diminishing returns?

Also, does each character class have a different base run/walk speed or will every class move at the exact same rate for a gives Run/walk%? (It's probably an ilusion, but some classes, especially druids, seem so slow at low levels. More so than others.)

Anyway, the reason I ask is because I'm building a really fast running character just for fun (probably an assasin).

Questions concerning this character-

Equipment- Mavina's belt 15%?
peasant crown 15%
Stealth arnour 25%
40% boots (IK, Aldurs, Nats or something)40%
Cats eye 30%
Burst of speed- 61% (@slv 20)

TOTAL= 186%

Any sheilds? Gloves? Rings? with fast run/walk?

Thanks in advance for info :D

PS. Direction to Info source appreciated very much if it exists.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Well a member on here by the name of Tommi recently posted a page he made with all kinds of run/walk speed information. So I'll just point you to that and hope it answers your questions since any knowledge I would have on the subject would be from that page. : )

Tommi's Movement Speed Guide
Hail Albion Child,

It is a topic that comes up from time to time: I think I last replied to such a question only a few months ago. The Search Function only works for this forum: anything on either of the old fora is not accessable from it.

Anywho, I am fairly sure no one has done the math on that one too much, though for animation frames it would use Dagni's speed formula (however frames mean little when it's movement speed we're after).

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/...&forum=Workshop
(this is one thread discussing this aspect though)

If you want more information, why don't you do the testing and tell us your findings?
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Hail Swirly,

It was only a couple of weeks ago I used that page in an "I told you so" kind of thing, and had clean forgotten about it. Oh well, I stand corrected on my post ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Some things to note item wise using information from Tommi's Page.

Trang Oul's armor actually equates to the same run/walk speed as stealth by itself. 40% r/w = +1.24 and it being heavy armor = -0.40 so you get 0.84 which is what 25% r/w equals. Note though that with the diminishing returns you get from item r/w speeds I think in the long run stealth would end up being faster. So I agree with your choice there. : )

As to shields, I don't know of any off hand that give run walk. You could go with a lidless though. The +1 to skills would give you more run/walk if you use a char with skill r/w. It is a light shield as well so no r/w penalty there. Also using both it and stealth would give you 45% cast rate. So you could consider using a character that would take advantage of having cast rate and run walk.

edit: typo fix
Thanks everyone for the info.

1 question remains.

Burst of speeds run rate bonus is unaffected by dimishing returns. (total of + 2.44 yd/s)

All of the rest (121%) is affected by diminishing returns. (approx +2.64 yd/s)

This gives a total of +5.08 yd/s and a final run speed of 11.08yd/s. (Which to the best of my knowledge is the fastest speed possible without charms or +skill items)

If using a heavy sheild, I would have a run speed of 10.68yd/s

Anyway, back to the "1 remaining question." Does anyone know how many yd/s arrows and javelins etc. travel?
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
We did set up a faster character. (Briefly)

Max Frenzy, Max Increased Speed, a complete set of all the frw goodies (yes, Stealth in light armour rather than Trang's) and either 40 5% small charms or very very close to it

We also managed to tag him with a level 38 Vigor

He did a timed Mephisto run in Normal from way point to Meph dead in 6 seconds

He died from desynch (of course) :)

In fact he was beaten to death by maulers serverside while clientside he had killed Meph on the next level down which I still think is quite funny :D
This bring up a new question.

Increased speed from skills is not subject to dimishing returns. However, what about from other playersskills. For example, would the speed bonus from vigor on my sassin be subject to dimishing returns?
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
It's non-diminished

It's also very noticeable. I ran a Fanat/Vigor build with Wazzer's speeder Frenzy Barb and it made for a very fun game. Highly recommended