one question
Just one quick question... I've read your forum rules and it doesn't say anything about posting for a clan site is a forbidden thing to do... Is it some unsaid rule that I've somehow missed? Or simple a part of a normal etiquette? If so - then I apologize for that and I promise not to mention clan stuff again. Although this forum should be about everything that concerns Diablo shouldn't it?
Could somebody shed some light on this matter please :)
"The Mind breaks the borders our body cannot and our Heart crosses the limitations of ordinary life"
Hi,

First, since this post is not about Diablo, it does not belong on this forum at all. If it belongs anyplace, it would be the the Lounge or the Suggestion Box.

Second, from the rules:

Follow common, known Internet posting etiquette.
Frankly, we could write a thousand rules about basic common sense internet etiquette, such as "don't type in all caps." Instead of that, we'll just say that you should use your brain and follow the basic rules of Internet posting. If you're not very familiar with basic etiquette or are new to the Internet, we recommend that you simply read the forum for a while before making your first post. That's always a good rule of thumb before you dive into any online community, yet it's rarely followed. The Lounge posters have our own small subculture like all good fansites, and it won't take long to pick up on the nuances. Enjoy your stay here!

Had you actually followed that rule (especially the part about reading a while before posting), you would have noticed that there are no recruitment posts. Occasionally someone asks about clans, and then it is OK to answer.

Although this forum should be about everything that concerns Diablo shouldn't it?

No. It's about *playing* the game. Which does not include websites, does not include clans/guilds, does not include cheating (or at least, not "how to" -- discussions of whether something is cheating are OK, although by now it's been all pretty well said a few billion times), and does not (and this is arbitrary) include trading. As the rules say, to cover everything would take a lot of rules. Which nobody would then read.

Really, it is a catch 22 situation. If there are no rules posted, then people think there are no rules. If there are rules posted, then people become "rule lawyers" and start arguing the rules. If rules are constantly added to close loopholes found by the lawyers, then pretty soon there are so many rules that no one pays any attention to them. Which brings us right back to where we started.

The best rule: figure out the community norms and go with that.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Thats all I wanted - a straightforward answer about rules :rolleyes:

Thx Pete
"The Mind breaks the borders our body cannot and our Heart crosses the limitations of ordinary life"
Yeah, Pete summed it up well: we'd be writing rules forever if we wanted to catch every little thing. Don't feel offended or that we're annoyed at you for your clan post; it doesn't specifically say NOT to do that in the "rules," so it's no big deal. We just catch them when they come.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Mentioning a clan in conversation is one thing, but making a thread to advertise it is another. Clan ads are spam, and I know of no place that puts up with any more spam than it can help. Thus the locked thread.

The closest thing to advertisements that I'd allow would be about new/updated resources (e.g. JG), tools (e.g. Price calculator), or mods.

Although this forum should be about everything that concerns Diablo shouldn't it?

Frankly, I don't think Diablo is very concerned about what clans are gunning for him. He's been under attack by disorganized swarms of marauding adventurers for so long that one more clan won't matter him.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
That darned dinner date where he stood me up.

Act IV hath no fury like a rogue scorned! :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
You still remember that? Damn, I was going to put a reference to the incident in my Psi Cop act IV report and hoped to surprise a few people! I'll add it anyway :D
Yeah you are probably right... clans do come and go... but still these clans have kept the game alive for almost seven years, not some philosophical discussions m8... playing co-op and in a clan is a best way to enjoy Diablo (as far as I'm concerned) and legit players rarely play alone these days... So I hope clans do have some importance. I'm sorry we have different view of this...
Quote:but still these clans have kept the game alive for almost seven years, not some philosophical discussions m8...

Man, you just keep shoving that foot further down your throat, don't ya? You keep it up, it's gonna push out your rear and kick you all the way out the door! ;)

I'm stepping OUT of this one, before this place burns down faster than Ogden's. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Legit is good. Clan can be good.

Fun is where you find it. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Yeah you are probably right... clans do come and go...

My comment was facetious. ;)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]