question for the masses
I know lurker doesn't deal in this, but where can I find a legit trading forum or channel (us west) I've been having trouble locating one for quite some time.
Saga_Keeper
Hail Saga Keeper,

I assume you are well aware of The Market Place at dii.net: that is where we usually send people. Indeed, I know some (many? I don't know the numbers) people here go there for their trading. I'd assume you know enough to spot a hacked item from a mile away, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to sort through the dodgy people to find the legit people - and once you know they are legit, you can know that when they have a good item, it's safe to trade for. Perhaps someone else could lend you a hand in identifying legit traders - you know where I do my trading, so I don't have a clue about other places ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Unfortunately, Elric, the Marketplace is not accepting new registrations at the moment. Thus, unless he has an existing account there (which I'd assume he doesn't, since he's looking for a place to trade :D), he won't be able to conduct any business there.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
My wife tells me that diablo2.com (she is a mod there) has legit trading, they crack down pretty hard on stuff over there (I've seen lots of the stuff she deletes). Heck now that I think about it, I know quite a few of the mods and admins there from other places (since that is where a lot of them came from when it came back up), despite not being registered there.

Don't have much else to offer as I simply don't trade with anyone but my wife and tal125 (admin at diablo2.com and a member here). My wife doesn't trade with anyone other than myself and tal, and tal doesn't trade anything to us that he hasn't found himself (he trades with other people). :) Since I know all these people "in real life" well it makes it easier to know it is legit. Makes it hard to get some stuff too. :)

Bonus points to whoever guesses what my wifes username is (you can PM). :)

Edit: Rephrased my bonus point statement since FenrisWulf found a nice little flaw with it. :P
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Originally posted by Gnollguy
Bonus points to whoever guesses who my wife is (you can PM). :)
Woot, bonus points for guessing who your wife is...heh, answer: your wife is a mod at diablo2.com. :D How many points may I expect again? :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
FenrisWulf,Apr 5 2003, 08:53 PM Wrote:
Quote:Originally posted by Gnollguy
Bonus points to whoever guesses who my wife is (you can PM). :)
Woot, bonus points for guessing who your wife is...heh, answer: your wife is a mod at diablo2.com. :D How many points may I expect again? :)
Well, you get 1,000,000 but you also lose 1,000,000 for making me edit my post to make the statement I actually wanted to make.

Hey, I'm the one in charge of the rules of this contest, I can be as arbitrary is I like. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
:D They always get me on the technicalities.
Whee alread loving this site, and they have the BEST RULE EVER.
"The Necromancer is the best character type."
LONG LIVE THE HIDDEN DEADLY GRANDPAS OF DIABLO 2.
well, as long as they've got left they are old.

-Saga_Keeper
Well, judging from the amount of closed auctions post 1st april and the amount of whining on the board, they aren't that safe after all. Still better than the alternatives I guess.
experessing how messed up the economy is right now is hard... cuz it's really really #(*&%#(*& in the (%*&#(%*&# right now.
-Saga_Keeper
Now Trade! :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?