Most Shameful Death
Sickywicky,Apr 7 2003, 03:38 PM Wrote:This just came in, when logged in my acc I saw my lv27 ama died on hc,I stopped before after a "connection interrupt" with that char, this is one of worst deaths on hc I think, when they see this in the following  split seconds "Arcinia has been killed by tresh socket" (3secs pause)  "Arcinia dropped due time-out"  :lol: It's ok though only lost 1 manald and greyform (the rest isn't needed to mention) :P.
Welcome to the joys of HC!

Hanging ropes and guns with 1 bullet are free, come get your suicide items now! :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Soon after I had got into act5 for the first time.
I was also new to the game at this point and decided to do some of this new fangled 'pindle-running' (it was new to me, anyway). I kill every single monster in the garden, grab the loot, and decide not to use up a pot even though my health was low, since they were all dead....
One of pindle's gang ressurects himself and before i know what's going on

*bash*

*red screen*

*gaping mouth* how did THAT happen?

-Bob
I know someone else here was killed by the "smoke ghosts" near Mephs Hangout.....

"NERDmanWhippy was slain by An Evil Force"

Ya, Like no kidding...who would kill a paladin? :)

hehe

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Well, you people pretty much have me beat in how you die, yet I have been slain by one pathetic thing in particular-

Going to the High Council, hoping to get some good items with my poor/not-very-good MF (150%).

Run up by accident, and they all come swarming.

Fighting to stay alive, thinking "Boy, that was moronic!"

One of the High Council summons a Hydra.

I run away, ALIVE. Suddenly, POW! "Blademaster has been slain by Hydra"

Yup, I hated the High Council after that :angry: .
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Yep, I died to those goddamn bastard ghosts a few times as well... lvl 40+ HC pally right after encountering meph and discovering I simply and totally get whacked by him (or more accurate, the Blood Lords) I run away with 40-50 health only to die from those spirits... I liked that pally... I really did.

*stands a moment in silence in honor of Lancelot*
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
1. D1. Was in dungeon level 3 when wife called me. I minimized the game, did not TP out, and came back after doing my little chore to . . . a bunch of little critters eating my Warrior's corpse. Not sure why I did that . . .

2. LoD Beta. Lurker Game. Othello the Paladin in NM Act III, using some two handed sword, zeal, at level 35 or so. 8 person game. I think my vitality was not all that high. Started into 2-H sword battle with the little flesh beasts that the wanderer turns into, and they just kept hitting me and I missed them and Zealed away with two hands, so I drank . . . a blue potion. Brilliant.

"Othello has been slain by flesh beasts . . ."

Promptly, the LOL's and 'whatta rube' messages resound from

Charis, Sirian, Spiderdrake, Zarathustra, addiction, Mirajj and all of the other good friends in that game. *blush* How embarrassing.

3. About a year ago, HC, I had a level 16 Paladin in a pubbie, slowly working through the Maggot Lair. Was kind of full on inventory. Some fellow enters the game and hostiles me. (Don't remember if we had been partied at any point, but we might have been) Well, I figured that I am not near a WP, down on level 2, so he won't be bothered to come and find me. I keep grinding away toward the next hole down, and have my Char Screen and Cube opened as I switch weapons. As I fiddle about, I hear "Uh" and see the red ball almost empty. My brain went into denial as I considered "what takes my life down in one hit?" then I 'esc' to clear the screen just in time to watch the Barbarian lay another polearm blow into my back and see the Paladin die. I guess he really was patient enough to hunt me down for that coveted 16th level Paladin ear. :P

"Your deeds of sheerest stupidity will be remembered" That was really dumb.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
BlackLightning,Apr 9 2003, 12:52 AM Wrote:Yup, I hated the High Council after that  .
HEHE wow I thought Hydra PK'ing only happened in cow games....LOL

You got me beat there ;)

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Level 43 Paladin, in tristram in normal difficulty, uses thorns and has an act 2 mercenary. I get called to do some chore, so I figure: "Hey, what here could kill my mercenary AND me while I have thorns on?" So when I come back twenty minutes later, I find two skelleton archers and my mercenary's corpse halfway between my corpse and the skelletons. :unsure: Oops...
A plague of exploding high-fives.
well...i have a pretty good death, if there is a such thing...i have a lvl 37 barb with about 400 life and pretty hefty fire and ice resistances. well...long story short...i ran up against some random lightning enchancted unique in nightmare act I. i was just hacking away at his minions and all, thinking "i'll be ok...i have 400 some life"...well...i hit the unique a few times and that dropped my life to about 1/2. i kept on hacking away until all of his minions were laying on the ground. i then thought "the unique doesn't have but 1/4 life left...i'll be fine"...so instead of drinking a potion i kept hacking and two hacks later i was joining his minions on the ground. that was a few days ago
[font=Arial size=3]If 'I think therefore I am' is true, then is 'I think not, therefore I am not' true?[/font]

Virginia Tech is the best damn school in the country! I'm not too sure about the cities though....
I remember in 1.07 (or 1.08) where the council members's hydra was incredibly powerful.

I was in a NM game doing some quest while my friends were trying to get to meph, imagine the surprise when a group of 5 lvl 45+ characters including a lvl 97 sorc died 2 seconds one after the other, lol, that was funny as hell to see them all die like that... of course they didn't like it very much cause there was no one to loot their poor corpses :)