Dazed...
My post entitled "I can never Die", it seems, was misunderstood. It wasn't about me playing with hacked characters and calling legits newbs. It was about me killing a hacked up barb with a legit naked sorc using a level 1 spell when the barb was several levels higher....

EDIT: oh yeah and all the fun I had laughing at him...
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote: My post entitled "I can never Die", it seems, was misunderstood.

No misunderstanding at all. It was a firm reassurance of your continued, constant lack of etiquette, decency and respect for the rules and members of this forum that you would post such crap and in such a manner. You contribute nothing here beyond the members' looking at the moderators and asking "Is that sufficient reason for banning, now?".

Strike three was a long time ago.

Go... away.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I'm glad that it wasn't about using a hacked character - it was a bit difficult to tell what you meant there. However, I believe that the reason that the post was nuked had more to do with language issues. You'll have to ask Gris, but judging by her message, that was what bothered her - no doubt, she was confused about your "hacked sorc" comments too, as she didn't mention them as a reason for editing your post. We don't have language editors on here, because sometimes you've just gotta say it! ;) However, I can't speak for the mods, but I don't think that the gratuitous defamation of homosexuals is really necessary on a board such as this, whether that was the context that was intended or not.

Am I good or what! *bows*

Edit: Perhaps not as good as Nico, he got to it first; seems he doesn't have the "knack" for diplomacy :P :lol:
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
First off, the topic was tasteless. Did you expect us to pat you on the back for laughing at other players? Secondly, it was a poor choice of how to approach the post. If it was not about you "playing with hacked characters and calling legits newbs" then why bring it up on a forum that is very dedicated to legit playing.

Finally, even if one throws out all of the content of the post (which was all very disagreeable), even THEN the post was insulting and boorish. As Griselda said, "Your post was vulgar and offensive. It does not belong here." As Nicodemus Phaulkon has said, we did not misunderstand at all, though I believe that YOU misunderstand US.
-TheDragoon
The whole pointof that post was a good story about precisely WHY YOU SHOULD NOT CHEAT!!!! Listen, this guy cheated, got his but kicked by someone (me) who uses no cheats and fought with a butt naked sorc, and threw a royal fit about it and called me a newb for not having any UBER hacked equipment. I'm sorry, but people like him are my number one target for ridicule when. How many of you people play(ed) BNM's way back in diablo? What was the ultimate honor for a BNM? To PK a cheater and then ridicule them endlessly. I appologize for the vulgar language, but the topic, I feel was acceptable.

Quote:. Pkilling (optional): Pkilling cheaters, and only cheaters, is encouraged. The reasons for this position are twofold. First, cheaters are SCUM and should be hunted and pkilled at every opportunity. However, we BNM's are an honorable sort and you should never pkill anyone below your current level. Also, you should try to talk some sense into the cheater and try to get him to abandon his lame ways before you lop off his ear. Second, for a BNM to pkill a cheater is the greatest insult possible. Just thinking of the possible taunts makes me giddy. If you do pkill a cheater, make sure you let him/her know just what sort of character took his lame ear. Oh man that'll burn 'em up. Hehehehe. Additionally, for a mage sporting cursed items to take the ear of a cheater is PURE SKILL. Something that lame-ass cheaters often lack. So it's really a fair fight. They got the hacks, you have your brain. Go get 'em!

From Realms Beyond

IA: I do not support homosexuality at any level. I believe it is wrong and, to avoid the 'E' word, bad. However, people have the right to be whatever they want to be, and it was not my intention to offend homosexuals or anyone else for that matter.. (except cheaters, who I hope are terribly offended by my posting and are so mad that they quit playing diablo and diablo 2 forever HA HA!)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Hi, please get a clue. Your post was deleted for a reason. Yes, it's funny laughing at cheaters, but that kind of crap that was posted was well... crap. And yes, while it may be popular to insult certain miniorities, your usage of the word was quite bad, as you associated cheaters with them. I'm not here to debate your religous beliefs, but remember they only apply to you.

I'm sorry, being a legit player is no excuse for what you have done.

Who knows? I might have been throwing insults in a pubby game too, but I don't go brandishing them in a forum. At most, I would say I beat a cheater, but cut out the crap that might have been concieved of by an unthinking mind.

The fact of the matter is that your post must have offended someone, so it should be common courtsey to shut up about it.

You, apparently, need to think.

Have a nice day.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Albion Child,Apr 3 2003, 02:19 PM Wrote:I appologize for the vulgar language, but the topic, I feel was acceptable.
Dear Albion Child,

It is obvious that you thought it would be acceptable, or you would not have posted it.

However, didn't the dearth of such posts in any of these forums give you a hint that we don't indulge in such childish stuff here? Or, if we do, we don't trumpet it on the forum?

It really doesn't matter what is posted at RBD as a guideline for anything. This is the Lurker Lounge.

Please do try to fit in with the standards here. You failed abyssmally in this round. Boasting is childish. We don't care at all about the cheaters out there and how you just 'showed one'. So what?

Vulgar language is completely unacceptable.

By now you really should have a clue as to what this community's standards are.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Albion Child,Apr 4 2003, 07:19 AM Wrote:The whole pointof that post was a good story about precisely WHY YOU SHOULD NOT CHEAT!!!!    Listen, this guy cheated, got his but kicked by someone (me) who uses no cheats and fought with a butt naked sorc, and threw a royal fit about it and called me a newb for not having any UBER hacked equipment.
Last year (or maybe it was the year before) someone posted a very enlightening anecdote about a Charged Bolt Sorceress. It had entertain value. It had humour. It was a good read.

Now you came along with a similar basis of an idea in mind, but with a delivery that has proven unpalatable to most of us . . .

Barbarian: "When I hit 27 I'm gonna be uber 1337!!!"
Albion Child: "Oh Really?"
Barbarian: "Really!" :P
Albion Child: "Let's test then"
Challenge ensues, Barbarian loses
Barbarian: accusation, insult, accusation, insult
Albion Child: Vulgar insult, insult, insult, insult, insult, brag, brag, insult

Honestly, if Loungers wanted that quality of post we would sit on the edge of a large sand box with several 5 year olds in it and wait with tape recorder in hand. Your topic was pathetic. :angry:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Anyone who criticizes you for simply laughing at cheaters is likely not speaking for the admins. They are just fine with that "cheaters get the chop thread" just below it. Pursuing the contradictions involved is not necessary: they are simply wrong. Some lurkers do appreciate joy at cheater's misery, and there's a bit of a history of that going back to the DSF. Yet there is a 'tasteful' way to do it. Not that I personally find taste in any of it.
There is really no point in 'bragging' about killing a cheater. So what? Although I find it OK to kill a cheater, what u have done is totally wrong.

The killing of cheaters is not a rarity in diablo 2. Why, i have a friend (not sure if he wants his name said aloud) kills lotsa cheaters while being completely legit.

However, you never see HIM swearing and insulting a player like that, EVEN if he/she WAS cheating.

By insulting a player like that, you have basically lowered yourself to a cheating level.

Remeber, even cheaters are human.

Finally, you bragged about it. Now there was a totally ignorant act. Whats so 'good' about beating up a player and insulting him. I think defeating him is insult enough.

~~XOblivionX~~
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--

XOblivionX,Apr 6 2003, 09:26 PM Wrote:The killing of cheaters is not a rarity in diablo 2. Why, i have a friend (not sure if he wants his name said aloud) kills lotsa cheaters while being completely legit.

However, you never see HIM swearing and insulting a player like that, EVEN if he/she WAS cheating.

By insulting a player like that, you have basically lowered yourself to a cheating level.

Remeber, even cheaters are human.

Finally, you bragged about it. Now there was a totally ignorant act. Whats so 'good' about beating up a player and insulting him. I think defeating him is insult enough.
As for your CK (Cheat killer) friend, I have to meet him .... we PK the same way....

As for Bragging.... I kill Bugged sorcs all the time....It kinda a game to me....The only bragging I do it keeping the ear. I dont gloat (unless it is warranted in the case that the sorc is picking Outmatched fights with lower level chars....and then its just something to the extent of "Legit Owned")...I love menacing the usual Hydra PK'er in cow games....

Its just some kind of unspoken etiquite, If you kill someone, dont brag, dont curse, dont belittle....If you just owned a cheater, you just did all the bragging you need to do. Its the psychology of it all...cheaters cheat to win. Cheating and losing ever and over is an embarassment.

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East