Setting up bobby traps
Dear Lurker Lounge's administrators:

Some recent posts have caused noises and disturbance at Griswold's Shop, but definitely, I thought this post would have a better place here, at the Suggestion Box. It's all about filtering mor... eerm... clueless-about-JG people out of the forum (or trying, at least...).

Recently, I wanted to join a forum (whose address I don't mind telling you, if you want to see the bobby trap yourselves), but of course, there were the rules, that longish, annoying, useless text nobody seems to read before entering. Disobedient and lazy of me, I didn't read them too and clicked straight in some cool icon, "Enter the Board". "Surprisingly" I was discovered, and taken to a screen were two some menacing tough guys prompted me to read the forum rules MORE CAREFULLY before trying to enter next time.
Back again into that forum's rules page, I wondered wich intuition would have they used to discover my fault, but read the rules carrefully this time. There was the key: at the very end of the small print, I was told were to click to access the forum. At the end, I thoght it had all been so terribly easy, simple, functional... that I should better tell you.

Well, "if you have arrived reading here", thanks in advance for your time and patience, and... what do you think about it?.
Es fácil descender al infierno. De día o de noche, las puertas de la Muerte están abiertas de par en par; pero retornar, volver sobre tus pasos para llegar a la superficie... He aquí el auténtico desafío.

Virgilio, La Eneida
Haha, I have to admit that's cute to an admin or mod's standpoint, but there's a few problems with the concept.

1) There's a fine line between making sure people read the rules and just being incredibly irritating.
2) I would get 20 emails a day asking how to get to the forum.

#2 especially drives me away. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I thought I still had to give you that website's address, so you could see this thing working and think about it:

The Real Folk Blues

The site its about an anime TV series, see it if you ever have a chance (I must say I liked it a lot). You won't need to register to enter the forum and see how the trap works, so give it a try if you wish.

I should have specified before, but I initially thought that the best place for the trap would be before registering.

One last suggestion: the screen that would come out when they would fail to read the rules could be something like that rogue in D2, that one warning you are entering a dangerous area...

Well, I know, these things are easier to write than implement... yours will be the work, so yours is the final choice.

Thanks anyway.
Es fácil descender al infierno. De día o de noche, las puertas de la Muerte están abiertas de par en par; pero retornar, volver sobre tus pasos para llegar a la superficie... He aquí el auténtico desafío.

Virgilio, La Eneida