Battle.Net news.
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...yCount=0#post64

Quote:Warcraft III and Diablo II Accounts Closed

Warcraft III and Diablo II Accounts Closed, CD Keys Banned

UPDATE: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS’ JOKE

Numerous additional accounts and CD keys were tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing Warcraft III or Diablo II on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against hacks and cheats, we have permanently closed over 12,000 Warcraft III accounts and over 131,000 Diablo II accounts. We have also banned over 7,000 CD keys from ladder play for one month and banned over 1,000 Warcraft III CD keys from ladder play permanently. Please note that repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which results in permanent removal from Battle.net for their copies of Warcraft III or Diablo II.

We continue to monitor the Warcraft III and Diablo II realms for malicious players. We regret having to employ these extreme measures; however, certain unscrupulous players have impaired the game play of the Warcraft III and Diablo II communities as a whole, and severe action continues to be warranted and required. We would also like to reassure everyone that a false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you would like to report additional instances of hacking or cheating, please contact us at hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

Is that cool, or what? :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Well, I can honestly confirm some accout deletions (not mine, but some friends who botted... I've changed their ways now though *evil grin*).

Some 1 account, some more, thankfully it'll soon be over if this keeps up...

Baylan
I am Baylan

Hardcore is the way to play!

You'll find me on US-East, on the account name Baylan (for now, I'll add more as I get my accounts up and hardcore-capable).
Roland,Apr 2 2003, 01:00 AM Wrote:Is that cool, or what? :D
To the degree that they don't delete my accounts, yes. ;)

What if Blizzard decides that anyone who has run Foxbat's accellerator is hacker?

(Yes Occhi, I trust Blizzard to get things right as much as I ever have...)

I guess it's mostly a non-issue for me these days. Since I switched to hardcore, I've hardly played in any public games - so the hackers have only bothered me when they lag-attacked the servers.

Hmm - evil thought - wonder what happened to the price of a constricting ring on ebay? B)

-- CH

(remember, I happen to live in a country where the legal system has put people to death and then said "oops")
CelticHound,Apr 2 2003, 03:28 AM Wrote:Hmm - evil thought - wonder what happened to the price of a constricting ring on ebay?  B)
* Wapptor gets evil grin and saunters on over to ebay to check on things....

Ah yes you mortal fools, your day has come, better find a job fast or be on welfare for a long time mwahahahahah.

For the first time ever, blizz is on our side! B)

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
This is truly great news. A precursor of the power of the 1.1 patch no doubt.

-EDIT- This is hiliarious! You should read some of the posts on Diabloii.net. Heres one example:

Quote:Sure, I used a bot, I knew the risks, I knew I could get banned or my account deleted. The whole reason I used a bot, is so I can spend more time with my family, and I LOVED it for that.

If you think thats funny, you should see the comments for maphack.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
CelticHound,Apr 2 2003, 04:28 AM Wrote:What if Blizzard decides that anyone who has run Foxbat's accellerator is hacker?
That is the thing that change the graphicsght stuff on your computer, right? Something on your client is not really detectable. What one can possible attempt to detect is changed behaviour due to some changes on the client. I have really no idea what has caused Blizzard to close accounts by the way. However, there might for examle detecable changes in many that for example use vaiours bots.

Anyway, there shouldl be no problem with Foxbat's accellerator as far as I can see.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Hehe, for all the things one can criticize Blizzard for (not) doing, today they have definitely earned some props.

131,000 accounts! :blink:

ManaCraft
Pindle bot and such.

According to what I read at dii.net, most of the maphackers were un influenced. So, a client side script probably was not the criterion.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Jarulf,Apr 2 2003, 01:26 PM Wrote:Something on your client is not really detectable.
Well, there's more on that subject in the thread on Atma's - I should refer people there - but I don't think what you said is necessarily true. Isn't one of the first messages you see on connecting to b.net something like "verifying software version"? (pardon my poor memory) You'd know better than I whether it's implemented now, but I don't see any obstacle to doing a checksum of the .dlls and .mpqs and reporting that as part of the login sequence.

-- CH
131,000 accounts is quite impressive, but I fail to see any ground-breaking changes. I already applaud Blizzard for making such high-quality games, but as far as I can tell, their anti-cheating team is keeping the field level and nothing more. When they find a way to disable the mapcheat, I will be the first to slap them on the back. Until then, it's good job, but do better next time.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
the 131k accounts closed is great but still fails to get the realms rid of the hacked, duped and bugged items.

Not to mention bots which still roam the battle.net public diablo2 chat rooms... although I must say the number of bots did decrease since I was last playing Diablo 2 (which was around 6-8 months ago though...)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"