reporting posts
After reading the "Hey admins" thread in the lounge, I was wondering if the "Report this post" option can be extended to guests as well. I don't know the exact things that are required, since I haven't reported a post with this software before. Is there just a confirmation screen that comes up, or do we need to put comments for why we think the post should be looked at?

I'm assuming that since we have to log in to report something, our email address is used to open a dialogue (if needed). If this is the case, then could that function just direct guests to the log-in screen when they click it?
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Striker,Mar 30 2003, 06:56 PM Wrote:I'm assuming that since we have to log in to report something, our email address is used to open a dialogue (if needed).  If this is the case, then could that function just direct guests to the log-in screen when they click it?
Well, that's functionality of the forum software. It's not coded that way, and there's no option for it that I can see - Reporting posts seems to be tied to the function for replying to posts. Since you have to log in to use the forum, you have to log in to report posts. But it's a nice enhancement request for the forum software maker.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.