To cheat or not to cheat?
Xiuhcoatl,

I've found that if you Preview a post, then go back and edit it when you spot a mistake, that reverts the Subject back to `Re: thread title'. Kind of anoying really.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I'm delighted to find other people who actually read Playboy instead of trying to read it vertically, if you know what I mean. ;) Especially other women. What's really interesting is that sometimes I have to wait for my mother to finish reading it first. (For some reason, the males in the household never really read it.) How's that for liberated parentage?

Anyway...

One of the players engaging in this automated counterfeiting, a 29-year-old financial planner from Texas, said he did so without apology (although he did not want to be identified by name). "I think the bots actually level the playing field for people who have day jobs," he said. "When I play an online game, I can't be the best because there are some college kids out there spending 14 hours a day."

I read a similar article from some online gaming site that cited the exact same reason. I remember reading at PlanetDiablo's forum about a poor poster who suggested that if people proved they weren't selling items online, they should be able to cheat on Battle.net to their heart's content. Roundly and soundly flamed by one and all.

All of these techniques depend on users' having full control of the software running on their home machines. Adept programmers can rewrite the game or insert new instructions. The other players can either play fair or join the arms race.

Is this a Quote to Live By or what???

Also good to know that rampant cheating and item selling is not limited to Battle.net or D2.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:What is wrong with FHM magazine? I don't consider it a good reference manual, but it has its place.

Besides remaining on the stands, what exactly would that "place" be?

Take this month's offering: The most "timely" article would be Kim Cattrel interview, which they seem to want to indicate they needed more justification for her taking off her shirt.

Along with their other inane questions, including having her sing the first three lines of the Canadian national anthem (correcting her wrongly, I might add), they then ask her opinion on what Canada's greatest contribution to the world has been.

She replies, "Pierre Elliot Trudeau". To which this interview asks, "And that would be who?"

Yeah, really cutting-edge journalism, there.

FHM can try to be Playboy... but in the end they are a bastard child of Playboy and GQ: the result of which is lude articles that occupy the space between their advertisements.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Need. More. Poetry!

It's always a pleasure to "see" you, Xi. :)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]