World's Longest Tongue
Pictures will be forthcoming, as soon as I manage to adjust the digital camera's lighting(currently images appear anywhere from red to green to all other tones)

Saw the way they measured the world's longest tongue(7 cm, a little under 3 inches). They started the tape measure a short distance back from the lips of the current holder(a 14 year old German girl) I tried running my own measurement. Just starting from the outer edge of my lips, my tongue is 6 cm(2 3/8 in) long. So if I were to measure in the same way as they did with the girl, my tongue is probably longer right? The only reasons it might look shorter are because:

1) My face is bigger(naturally, since I'm a 22 year old male and she's a 14 year old female)
2) I have slight malloclusion, my upper teeth stick out somewhat from the vertical. This of course means that my upper lip ends a little further out than that of an individual with a similarly sized head but straighter teeth.

Sooo, do you think I have a shot at the record? Unfortunately, I won't get any money from Guiness, but maybe I can market models of my tongue for um, "other purposes" :P
Can you touch your nose with your tongue?

I can =)
I could if my teeth were straight. They jut about 1.5-2cm away from the skull, so that's effectively curtailing 3 cm worth of tongue right there. Besides, I don't know how your face is different from mine. Your lip and nose could be closer together, your skull could be smaller, etc.
Not to see those photographs? :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Not clicking the links to the pictures? :P
I think I might have a shot at the widest tongue record (if there is one). I think my tongue is about 3.5 inches across at its widest (when I flatten it; it isnt that wide all the time :P)
I Demand Pie.
I can touch just below my chin with my tongue. When I was a teen, Gene Simmons was the guy we all thought had that tongue, but mine is just as long or longer. Never could touch my nose with it, but it's a matter of muscle displacement (from what I've read). I can lick well below my cleft, but cannot touch my nose. Gene has the same prob from what I hear. Do I meet American guidelines for disabilty?
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Lol, Conner. I think it's a genetic thing, kind of like how most people can curl the sides of their tongue upwards, but only a few can curl it downwards. Ditto for those who can "flip" their tongue(optical illusion, they bend it almost all the way then snap it back fast), and those who can curl the tip in all possible directions. I read this FHM interview with Gene and he said he used to keep a dead beetle in his pocket and he'd take it out in front of girls and lick it(he also added some other stuff which might be offensive to the mods here, so I won't post it)