Throwing weapon bugs
This post began in the Workshop but quickly turned into something much more suitable for this forum.

First I was having problems with my 1h axe/throwing axe barb. He seemed to do practically no damage with the thrown weapon even though the character screen showed it as doing enough damage to consistently 1 hit kill the monsters of act 1 normal. However, this problem was solved by switching the thrown axe from right hand to left hand and using the "Throw" button instead of "left hand throw." (here is where the other thread ended)

However, I outgrew my throwing axes and found a superior hurlbat. From here on the problem got much worse. When the hurlbat is equiped in the right hand along with a Naga axe in the left, the "Throw" button becomes red and he is unable to throw the hurlbat. When the Naga is unequipped, or when the Naga is replaced by any other throwing weapon, his ability to throw is restored. With the Naga equipped and the skill button set for "left hand throw" he is able to throw the hurlbat, but like before, does practically no damage. (without the Naga equiped, and the button on "throw" his damage is enough to badly hurt most monsters. With balanced axes or throwing axes equipped, he is able to use "throw" even with the Naga euipped, but not so with the Hurlbat.

I have tried using a different set of hurlbats as well as using a different 1 handed weapon in place of the Naga. The results were exactly the same as before. I have also tried equiping the hurlbat in both hands and experimented with equiping the hurlbat and naga in different order. This also changed nothing.

I have noth yet been able to find an exceptional version of throwing axes(scalper I think) to experiment with.

Is this a know bug? If it is, will the elite throwing axes (winged axes I think) react in the same way as hurlbats or as balanced axes? I ask because if they will work in the same way as the hurlbat, it is not worthwhile to continue this build.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Hail Albion Child,

As I said in the other thread you started, there are known bugs: if you merely search The Maggot Lair (on the old forum software), you'll find at least a half-dozen threads on this.

*struggles against people restraining him in an attempt to throw the (etiquette) book*
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
*WarBlade hands Elric the magazine-fed rapid-fire etiquette book throwing machine*
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I've looked all over the maggot lair, there are no other posts related to this. <_<
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
I went to the old Forums, hit the 'search' button, typed in "Throwing weapon bugs", clicked on the + in the search logic, clicked on "The Maggot Lair" as the place to search and came up with a bunch of links, including this one:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/...orum=MaggotLair

Dare I make any inferences about how hard you actually looked? Or maybe even about your ability to read instructions?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

No other post #1

No other post #2

No other post #3

No other post #4

No other post #5

... in the five minutes it took me to research, copy and paste this reply to you, Shadow managed to post as well.

Yeah, you "looked", alright. :lol:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Congratulations, you've found posts with Throwing damage bugs. They all look very familiar as I have read them before. However, none of them is the same bug as I have described. None tells of any thime when you are totally unable to throw when dual weilding, and none describe any damage discrepency between "left hand throw" and"throw weapon.

This is new material. (or at least in this forum).

UPDATE: found a set of Francisca(exceptional throwing axes.) They act in the exact same way as Hurlbats, and can not be "throw weapon"ed with a 1 handed weapon equipped.
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Old post on "new material" #1

Old post on "new material" #2

Does your Momma still spoonfeed you too, Albion Child?

I've now invested 10 minutes of my life into your question. I trust you can take it from here... maybe. :blink:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Ah, opportunity knocks...

Aye, my spelling and grammar can be a kind of worse - usually i use an another language then english :D
and about bugs with throwing weapons...

Actually the dmg add from wartravellers 15 - 25 dmg isnt shown in the characterscreen if i use doublethrow. But its getting worse, because i have the bad feeling that this dmg add doesnt exist. When im switching back to the normal throwing attack, the dmg from this stinky boots will be added. Ive collectect all kinds of (low) max/min dmg jewels and did some tests with armor/headwear. A jewel like 2 - 4 dmg is still working in any kind of armor and the dmg will displayed, even with doublethrow and the monsters are dying faster.

Anyone who did the same experience or did some testing? Maybe the disabled the dmg add for throwing weapons the same turn as they have decided: No kicking dmg on boots for poor assassins...