D1 Spawn questions
Greetings respected D1 community!!!
After growing (somewhat) tired of D2 I decided to give D1 a try again. This came to pass via dloading the Demo from Blizzard, since I never owned a copy of it (don't shoot!!). Back then I played the PC version of it running SoftPC on my fathers Quadra 700, anyone who has ever tried something similar will hopefully go "ouch!" in sympathy :) . Imagine a Cursor that jumps 5 centimeters when you move the mouse, saving taking about 30 seconds and dungeon loading, well you get the idea. Nevertheless I finished NM with my warrior.

Enough story-telling, here's my question:

Can I use my Demo character once I get the full game (gonna order the Diablo Battlechest today). Not really a big issue but I levelled my warrior to almost lvl 11 and since the game is so SLOW ( :P ) I'd rather keep the one I got. Any help would be appreciated.

and by the way, the demo save file is called "diablo spawn 0" with the correct number, right?

Thanks in advance

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I... Don't believe it works. I haven't really tested this myself, but something tells me that Spawn characters cannot be converted into Full characters.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
D'oh!
So yet more walking around Tristram :P

Thanks Fox

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Meh. Clvl 11 isn't that great a leap. You can reach clvl 8 by just running dlvls 1 and 2 over again, and when you hit that the catacombs are open to you.

Unless we're talking about SP here...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Nuur

I'll remember you.
Well, apparently Blizzard charges 45$ for shipping and handling to Austria, plus the actual cost of the Battlechest, 50$, so I'll be playing Avernum3 for a while now...

We'll see how far my Warrior will get in lvls 1 and 2.

Nuur

I'll remember you.
Well, apparently Blizzard charges 45$ for shipping and handling to Austria, plus the actual cost of the Battlechest, 50$, so I'll be playing Avernum3 for a while now...

We'll see how far my Warrior will get in lvls 1 and 2.

Nuur

I'll remember you.
:blink:
I knew it! You actually bothered to read this signiture!
No bargain bins at your local electronics store? I found a used diablo 1 cd a month ago for $7 US, I had to look at it to make sure it was one of the hybrid cds because i heart my mac.

You may be able to use the spawn save file if you rename it, not sure if that works though.