Comparing Bone Spear & Spirit
basically i'm building my all-able necro right now, and i dunno which skill i should invest on, bone spear or bone spirit? Bone spear is supposedly half the damage and half the mana cost of bone spirit, but it pierces. bone spirit, however, homes. so which one is better in the end? Also i would like to kno if Bone spear is actually 50% dmg of Bone Spirit, or is it actually less? I'm talking about when both are Slvl 32, Thanx for ur time
Max both. I don't know which monsters are magic immune(maybe a couple at most, but those that are are usually not poison immune...), so you could reasonably use both as required. For example, you obviously can't use Spirit to clear the River of Flame(exercise in futility) when it's full of maggots, but conversely, you also want to be able to kill that cursed extra strong, might enchanted boss-Urdar in as few casts as possible. Long story short, get both, use the Spear for long corridors, and the spirit in wide spaces where you can run(or to take out that particularly nasty boss monster, especially aura-enchanted ones) Although of course, I personally prefer the Poison Nova in wide spaces...
AKK,

If he maxes both, and invests in poison nova as you suggest, he wont have many points for anything else. That cant be a good choice can it? Or is he supposed to pick up a few revives (1 + skills) for meat shields, and tons and TONS of mana, so he can shoot? :)

Just curious where you put your points. Maxing both seems odd but I'm all for hearing what you have to say. For me neither spell does enough damage even at level 35-40 with fast cast and gobs of mana. Its just a waste of 40 points to me. Yeah, i run from physical immunes. *shrug*

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Agreed...necros need better boss/physical immune handling. Spirit simply costs waaaay too much mana for the little damage that it deals.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
It's okay in Normal I guess. The main problem with Blizzard possibly improving Spirit damage is that they'd either have to make OKs cast lower levelled ones, or switch them to use Blood Spirit(my name for the red non-guided Sprits the Stygian Furies fire) The only real problem I find with BS is that Lister and gang have downright ridiculous HP(I think it takes about 20 BS each doing almost 400 damage before he dies)