The good stuff.
. . . what was the purpose of your post?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

-- [Image: ~nicodemusttlewolf.gif]
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Wow. What a thread.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Heh, no kidding. A laughable beginning produces laughable results :lol:
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Hail Bolty,

Perhaps we should nurture this thread until it grows: we may end up with another THE Thread ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Those "THE threads" are interesting beasts indeed. One could make a small study on evolution by looking at "THE threads".

One of the more curious I found was one started from a UT clan (TMS Clan). The thread started by [TMS]Beaker was titled, "meep, meep". The entire content of the first post was, "meep".

. . . and oh how that thing grew. It just wouldn't stop! :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Considering that Mao's rule resulted in the deaths of over 57 MILLION people, I'd call him a failure. But then, I sit in a recliner. ;)
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]
Or Mousy Dung?

I never did get the pronunciation down. :o
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
In response to Albion Child and Luminaire's profession of faith.

Faith is not something that should be thrown onto a message board. It is a deeply personal thing that cannot be explained or debated. It can only be demonstrated.

It scares me when someone tries to say things about God, religion vs. relationship, etc. They are just walking into a fight that cannot be won. How do you explain the unexplainable? Allow me to exemplify how easy it is to logically squash arguments based out of faith.

Luminaire said
Quote: Posted on Mar 20 2003, 07:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its as simple as this: God created man out of a need for relationship. But Man had to have a free will, and a want for that relationship. Afterall, praise from a slave who has no choice is hardly from the heart.

Really?? I thought God was omnipotent, this presupposes that he is capable of creating a being that has both the free will to love him and is incapable of displeasing him. If this is not the case, then there is a universal law, called free will or choice, that is above God and even he cannot violate.

Another, if God created everything then he also created evil. Something that by his own admission is abhorrent to him.

I'll stop now, but I have a hundred more apparent paradoxes.

Please walk your faith and refrain from talking it.

Mark

Oh, and by the way I believe the founding fathers of America would prefer to be characterized as Deists as opposed to Christians. I'll leave that to someone else to argue.
More fun then twins on a sugar high!!
All of the founding fathers, of whom dozens are likely numbered, or just a few of them? :)

Roger on your observation about wearing your faith on your sleeve on message boards: the witness, or good example, seems to be the most effective tool for changing minds IRL.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
My grasp of history lacks depth. I do believe that many of the men who signed the declaration of independence and helped craft the constitution read up on the writings of John Locke, especially his "Essay". Locke's philosophy towards God is deist in influence if not in name.

However if you were looking for names, only Thomas Jefferson comes to mind.

Mark
More fun then twins on a sugar high!!
Correct pronunciation is:

Mao like in Maori

Zhe is a little hard to get right. It's like the ser in LASER, but the Z sound is clipped, like a short J.

Dong is not pronounced door-ng. It's pronounced dough-ng.