Warbucket staff terrorist conpirators?
tried to get into the warbucket website, a site which I greatly fond of due to his comics and this is what I get:

WARBUCKET is now the property of the United States government.

This domain and website were surrendered to U.S. law enforcement pursuant to a federal investigation and possible prosecution for conspiracy to violate criminal desecration laws.

Tarek Alyusuf, a.k.a "DRLEGO," is the prime subject in an ongoing investigation by the United States Department of Justice and the United States Department of Homeland Security as of midnight, March 18th, 2003 for the apparent and malicious desecration of recognized national symbols. Alyusuf and his accomplices (commonly referred to as "the Warbucket staff") used www.warbucket.com as a venue for spreading anti-American sentiments to thousands worldwide. Such violations include, but are not limited to: written commentary suggesting condemnation of actions by the United States, cartoon strips satirizing the nation's role in foreign affairs, and improper display of the American flag. Due to the sensitive circumstances surrounding the impending war situation on the United states, the Department of Justice has decided to immediately cease operations on www.warbucket.com. The Warbucket website is now the property of the United States government. Individuals involved in this conduct face up to three years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000 per count.

After the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, new charters were passed by congress insuring the safety of the nation through prosecution of individuals deemed unpatriotic through negative opinions towards the American cause. Alyusuf has been under careful watch by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for some time in regards to his ties to the middle east and possible contacts with terrorist cells in Saudi Arabia. After witnessing several violations of regulations set by the Homeland Security charter, the FBI has turned the case over to the Department of Justice. This investgation is being conducted under federal mandate in accordance with the new charters.

As of yet, Alyusuf and his alleged co-conspirators (including Marcel "toNt" Walden, Jonathan "DeathViper" Lee, Ryan "rt" Ende and other select members of the "Warbucket staff") are not facing any official charges, but are currently being questioned in federal custody pending the investigation. The Department of Justice and federal law enforcement will continue to investigate and prosecute individuals and groups that violate the federal criminal desecration laws at home and abroad. For more information on federal investigations in this matter, visit www.usdoj.gov.

Sure Warbucket was a place of fooling around Geroge bashing but since when was it illegal to do it?

Now in my opinion this is completely #$%&ed up and as a matter of fact, I'm starting to get scared by what come up next (scared of the US)...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Methinks you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. We shall see.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
For a change... I really hope you're right and I'm wrong
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Roland,Mar 18 2003, 10:27 PM Wrote:Methinks you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. We shall see.
I think we can already see.

Quote:[Image: warbucket.gif] is now the property of the United States government.

. . . Does not look like something the US government would bother doing. Go to the trouble of using a warbucket gif still accessible from the warbucket domain??? :lol: :P

Text? Sure.
Gif? LOL.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Well... they did it with isonews.com and I believe that was true so your argument hardly shows any hoax here...
Yeah, but the WB statement is almost word for word the same as Isonews, with a few changes to make sense. Ten'll get you one that this is a hoax.

Then again, I never liked Warbucket anyway. Yay.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
This IS Warbucket, after all. This is JUST the sort of thing they'd do. Why don't you do a search on Google for their forums? Or better yet, drop by their room in IRC? I bet you'll find them alive and kicking, somewhere.

It's a hoax. Guaranteed. And if I'm wrong, I'll print this page and eat it. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:It's a hoax. Guaranteed. And if I'm wrong, I'll print this page and eat it.

Win-win either way!
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

I read another news from the US, in which a Texas band called Dixie Chicks was banned from radio stations because of criticizing President Bush. Was it a hoax, too? :huh:

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
I'd wager that 110% of everything you hear in the upcoming days will be rumours. Including this.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Quote:I read another news from the US, in which a Texas band called Dixie Chicks was banned from radio stations because of criticizing President Bush. Was it a hoax, too?  :huh:

No, this wasn't a hoax. However, it wasn't a national ban, more of a private response to the matter. What they said wasn't too polite, either.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
Tommi,Mar 18 2003, 09:37 AM Wrote:I read another news from the US, in which a Texas band called Dixie Chicks was banned from radio stations because of criticizing President Bush. Was it a hoax, too?  :huh:

Cheers,

Tommi
Actually, this one is true. The lead singer made a comment about how the band was ashamed that the President was from Texas, since that's where they hail from as well. Radio stations are dropping them from their playlists and some are holding a "Throw your Dixie Chicks CD in the trash" promotions too.

Edit: Argh! Ackpth beat me to it! Ah well. Guess I'm not as fast in replying to posts as some people.
*Looks around for Elric*
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Then there was that guy arrested in a shopping mall for wearing a t-shirt with "give peace a chance" written on it.
Followed by the mass execution of 15,000 people who were found to be capable of "free thinking."
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Striker,Mar 18 2003, 04:03 PM Wrote:Edit: Argh!  Ackpth beat me to it!  Ah well.  Guess I'm not as fast in replying to posts as some people.
*Looks around for Elric*
.... He came as part of the software ;)

Posted on Mar 18 2003, 05:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Followed by the mass execution of 15,000 people who were found to be capable of "free thinking."

?? Who were the 15,000 people ? I think I missed that one somewhere ..... :huh:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
AtomicKitKat is now under investigation by the US Government for allegedly spreading rumours and revolutionary concepts, as well as being the prime suspect after a packet of pretzels laced with strichnyne was found in a parcel addressed to George W. Bush Junior. Assassination attempts will be discussed tomorrow.
Wow.

Does the American public know how to make themselves heard, or what?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Well "being heard" in this case equates to some members making the entire group the butt of a very large and very sad joke. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Aye, one should never accuse Americans of being soft-spoken :)

For the Dixie Chicks to make the statements they made was very stupid from a business standpoint. Country music is most popular in areas of the U.S. where a lot of people are very conservative. Bush supporters in Texas would feel very strongly about this; many have had the opportunity to hear him in person, voted for him as governor, and so forth. For them to insult the President in such a crass way will alienate a large number of their listeners. For radio stations to recognize that and run with it does not hinder free speech; quite the opposite. It brings a great deal of attention to what they said. If what they said resonates with enough listeners, maybe some people will even go out and buy their albums. Those like me who feel it was totally inappropriate might boycott. I prefer rock music though, so I never listened to them much anyway.
Hail TaMeOlta,

I didn't come with the new forum: I was an upgrade for it. That's why it took me a while to start posting after the change: Bolty had to reprogram me. I was actually found on freshmeat.net back in the days of the original forum, written for use on EzBoard fora. It took Bolty a little while to convert me to N54 though, as he'd never programmed in Lisp before.

Before he changed to DCForums, he had a new version of me already converted, with Perl modules so I could parse the forum as a full integration of the software: that is why it looks like I did come with it. For this new forum software, I was fairly quickly converted, but more importantly I was given a few upgrades too: I now have a built in, auto-ban when people break etiquette too much...
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.