Throwing weapon questions
I recently found a stack of rare javelins, and since I was contemplating a throw barb, I had some questions about them.

1. Are javelins considered spears? That is, will the barb's spear mastery affect javelins in the same manner? I read on the Arreat Summit that javelins are "specially weighted spears", so I was curious as to whether that mastery would apply as well.

2. Is IAS important to throwing weapons, or is it only important for the melee aspect of javelins? The stack I found has a 10% IAS mod, so I was wondering if it's important to find a rare stack that has that mod (or even better, 20% :) ) along with a good chunk of ED%.

3. Those of you who have made throwers, how often do you go back to replenish your supply?

I wish throwing weapons can be socketed :(

Thanks in advance

Edit: Forgot a word
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
1. yes
2. yes
3. too often ;)
Quote:1. yes

This is kind of true, but kind of not true. Spear mastery will increase the melee damage of javalins, but not the throw damage.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
woops, thanks for the correction.
1. Others have said it, but clarification helps: Spear Mastery covers Javelins in melee, Throwing Mastery covers Javelins when thrown.

2. I prefer looking for damage over IAS. IAS is nice, but the stacks can run down pretty quick. :( Speaking of looking for things: Razortail ;)

3. *me weeps* Too often. Increased Stack Size is great and Replenishes Quantity works well on any Tab 2 auxiliary setup.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Adding some more questions:

When you have two weapons with different base speed, are they averaged? (look at my cruel winged harpoon and cruel ghost glavie)

I know only ias on left hand weapon counts(or is it right?)
Sissy. ;)

*holds up crafted Flying Axes*

40% ias, 183% ed, 2% leech... and all the fun of blood crafting.

I've also a nice set of axes that add +2 to all Barb skills, but they aren't fast enough or heavy-hitting enough compared to my babies, above.

It's all about the Axes, Striker. B) Faster flying, bit less range, yeah... but, STYLE man... STYLE.

And refills? Well... when a suit of armor drops (or anything else that gets you 20k or more with the local mercantile), head to town to sell and repair the ammo. Chances are you'll need to do so soon enough anyway. :-)

Very fun!
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hail Nico,

Clearly you never saw Zarathustra's old sig, with him and GrendelPrime standing there with Javelin-throwing Barbs: very cool looking :D

Anywho, I do agree for the most part: Barbarian + Throwing Axes = very appropriate. Also a larger stack size, which is essential for a Thrower Barb, who does not have the lovely skills available to the Amazon. Have I mentioned that Amazons are the best any time recently? No, I didn't think so :lol:
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Elric of Grans,Mar 16 2003, 05:57 PM Wrote:Have I mentioned that Amazons are the best any time recently? No, I didn't think so :lol:
no text
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Nicodemus Phaulkon,Mar 16 2003, 04:18 PM Wrote:Sissy.  ;)
He's only in my mind right now, so he's got plenty of time to change to a more masculine version ;)

I'm assuming that flying axes are similar to javelins and that they affected by axe mastery in melee and throwing mastery when flung about?

Quote:Faster flying, bit less range, yeah... but, STYLE man... STYLE.
Considering the fact that I have amazons decked out in grim helms and shakos, I don't think style is that high on my list of importance :lol:
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Hail Striker,

Indeed: in melee it's Axe Mastery, at range it's Throwing Mastery :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:Considering the fact that I have amazons decked out in grim helms and shakos, I don't think style is that high on my list of importance

I always thought that Grim helms looked rather fetching on a 'Zon. Pal o' mine has a battlemaiden decked out for damage reduction, so the Vamp Gaze was rather... unique. I appreciated the subtle messages and ponytail dangling out the back. :ph34r:

Shakos, however, should be banned, ESPECIALLY on a paladin. Makes him look like an Afro-american conehead. Friggin' travesty! :blink:

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Well, there always has to be some drawback to the most powerful things ;) In this case, they look darn ugly. (Thinks about Tal's mask)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)