when do you do hell diff ancients?
My javelin Fender just did it at lvl 73, along with a revive-less Bonewall Nec lvl 74. I dont know, I'm pretty proud of it, its the earliest I've done Hell Ancients with this weak a team--a two man crew without a high lvl or a power build along. (Unless there are ppl out there who consider reviveless Bonewall Necs and one handed Fenders power builds...) But, i dont fancy myself a good player or anything. Tho the guy I was with is one of the best tho. Oh this is HC of course... In soft i'd probably try to get to Hell Ancients as close to lvl 60 as possible.

Anyway I think Bolsh and I could have done them at a lower lvl, but what slows me down is i play Hell Diff to do every quest and get every wp, so i take my time in NM to level up and find gear. As a rule of thumb I stay in NM til lvl 65-70 for all ppl.

Anyway I'm pretty happy with it, I consider it an accomplishment. Just wondering what lvl you guys do Ancients, in HC, and how small a group you tackle it with.
I've done hell ancients in hardcore 4 times ever. (Twice with one char.) Here are my approximate lvls and the people I was with at the time.

Lvl 72 barb using berserk and max BO. He used lots of damage reduced equipment. (I think -80 damage.) I may have switched to concentration to fight the ancients because I wanted the life steal. I also used battle cry on them. I was with one other person at the time. He was a lvl 73 werebear melee druid with max oak.

Lvl 73 werebear summoner with lots of life. I had about 6k life and my only damage source was my grizzly and might merc. This char doesn't ever use melee attack. All his stats points are in vit. I fought the ancients all by myself. I just ran away from them while my merc and grizzly killed them. By the end of the fight, the merc was long dead and I had re-casted grizzly countless times. This method took a long time.

Lvl 65 frenzy barb using 2 lightsabers. He had about -60 damage reduced. I of course used battle cry on the ancients. I fought the ancients with a friend who was playing either a werebear or werewolf (I can't remember which). I think he was only slightly higher lvl then me.

I fought them a second time with my 6k life druid when I was 80th lvl. I was helping my friend's necro with the quest. He used 7 revives, amp damage, and bone spirit. I'm not sure what lvl he was, early 70's? maybe late 60's.

Before I fight hell ancients, I load up the summit with healing potions. I propably drop at least 100 healing potions on the ground. I can't remember if I've ever had to use them, but I think it's worth the couple mins just in case. During the first time I fought them with my druid, I started to lag. I immediately exited the game. I re-joined the same game, revived my merc, and went straight back to them. I was very pleased to find that they had not been de-activated by exiting the game. I guess you could use this method on purpose to be able to re-visit town, but it may not be a good idea. You could be killed while exiting, or the game may disapear when you leave it. Besides it may be considered taking advantage of a bug.

I think that low 70's is probably about the right level. The level will differ between chars depending on how strong they are. Doing them with a fendazon and a necro at lvl 73, I'd say is very good considering that those aren't power builds.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
I usually reset them untill I get a somewhat fair challenge; eg no might/fanta/cures/extra strong combo's.

My trapassa faced them at ~lvl 71, and beat them by doing a lot of running and casting traps whenever possible.

My thorns necro faced them at lvl 70, and died to the leaper, who for some reason ignored the revives, golem and merc.

My Werewolf faced them at lvl 72, and killed them using fury (armed with the mighty Aldur's Rhytm...) It took about 45 minutes of fury, retreat, fury, retreat, but I lived.
I dunno about anyone else, but I usually do them on my way to Baal when I'm playing straight through. Ok ok ok, that's not an answer. I do them when they are killers, have plenty of distractions (minions) with them, and as many FRW charms as I can locate. Earliest I've completed them was level 67, after about 20 tries.

You're right about that leaper, he loves to ignore everyone except for your character. He's the smart one, the rest are kinda dumb.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Anybody have up to date info on levels gained at each clvl?
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci