Friend's list and anti-friend's list
Bleh, the /f list feature is cool, but I find it really annoying when people put me on their friends list and /f m their message to everyone on the list regardless if i want to hear it or not. There must be a way to stop people from putting you on their friend's list!

Also, wouldn't a anti-friend's list, a list of people you don't want to hear, be nice. I'm sick of those stupid bots spamming "get your legit Iths here" ;) I don't want to ignore everyone, just that stupid bot and i don't wanna type /squelch (really complicated nonsencal name) all the time :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Here Here Archon! Back when I would do bulk Pgem/Chip buying in the channels, I'd get added onto everyone's friends list. Here's the solution to that and it works just fine. Simply reply to their spams and ask them to PLEASE take you off their /f list. Most of them cooperate just fine, others don't but oh, well.

As for the channels and the spam bots, that's Blizz's fault for not banning the cd-keys of the spam botter (it is a violation of the TOS after all, and if these guys make the kind of money people are talking about, Blizz is only ringing the cash register with each ban). I am so so so sick of this one:

"Don't buy useless Dupe Items, buy NONE dupe bug items." I'd like to buy the guy a spell checker for his NONE legit spambot. That's the only one I would like to squelch. I /w the poor guy all the time to correct him, but he never seems to want to listen. Guess I'm on his anti-friend's list.

Lately tho the Ith sellers are getting creative with their slogans. I chuckle when I see them since I have about zero interest in ever using one, but it's amusing all the same.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
God I am sick of that one too, d2legitco1- d2legitco-9 :) Unforuantely, it doesn't seem reporting them did anything. (yes, i tried ^_^)

What's even worse, I see people offering nude pictures of themselves for rush. That's so ridciolous in so many ways :D
You CAN squelch them (/ignore or /squelch). Do Not Disturb mode (/dnd) cancels all whispers as well. As for nude pictures well...lets leave those to the pervs and the rushers B)

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I know, but I don't want to do it everytime I log on, and yes, it seems like the same people/bots are spamming. ;)
Set a really really long away message. Everytime someone does the /f m they will get your really really long away message, and they will usually stop sending to everyone on the friends list. Especially if your away message says something like, "This is such a really long away message so that you will stop being lazy and only message the people that want to talk with your right now, /f m doesn't need to be used all the time. Since I have this really long away message right now that is filling your screen with blue text, you can assume that I probably don't want to get your message about 'hey I just found XXX item!' Thanks."

That stops people pretty quick. Asking to be removed from the friends list can work sometimes, and it can also get PK attempts to go up on you as well or cause people to get even more annoying.

An enemies or ignore list would be nice for B.net though, I do agree, but it doesn't seem to support a .ignore file...
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
You may also want to try /options (/o). I forget the specific commands, save for igpub and unigpub. Type /O for a list of the commands. It have various features that can ignore public chat from non-friends, ingnore whispers from non-friends, and something to ignore messages in private channels. I find this very useful often, especially when going AFK. Simply sit in a pubbie and type /o igpub. When you come back all that you will see are whispers you have gotten while you were away. Makes it easy to see if anyone was looking for you while you were gone.

BTW I have only used this is D1, don't know if its valid for D2.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!