Poll: Do you Hack in Diablo 1
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
NO
100.00%
15 100.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A poll for Daiblo player
NO :D
SDSABER
Perhaps next time you register for a forum, you actually read the FAQ and, at a minimum, the forum rules. I know they were thrown in your face once or twice before you could register. Perhaps even read a single post?

BTW, how did you even find your way here?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
If the outcome isn't 100% for "No" then I'd be very worried.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I pretty much only play single player games and I don't really know any hacks. I've never felt like spending the time to see how they work.
You're not missing an awful lot.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Since Diablo is a dungeon hack, you should be very worried if the outcome isn't 100% yes :)

Of course, since this poll is only for Daiblo players, maybe that's completely different...
(nt)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

'Tis amazing: I come across new levels of idiodicy each day. Truly, who visits a zealously legit board and bothers to ask who hacks?
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I'll save someone else the trouble of mentioning that it is poor form to dignify cheating by misnaming it "hacking." Actual hacking involves programming skills, not being a "1337"-speaking trainer-brat.

Tibbs

EDIT: To Nystul: my naked mage doesn't hack, he punches! :P
But my rogue usually shoots her bow, so she would have to answer "no" to hacking (and slashing) for the most part, even though now and again the S/S set up does come out . . .

Man, the pollster asks for a yes/no answer to a question that does not have so simple a reply. He forgot to ask if we "twang" or "mumble" or lots of other stuff.

Ya see, sometimes, lil old rogue just goes down into the dungeon and kick boxes, which is not hacking away with a blade, or even with karate chop hands, but then she sometimes summons pet dragons, who roast things . . .

Was this a trick question? :o Or was this just a question for Warriors?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Depends on what you consider a hack... I'm using Diablo 1 and getting hellfire in the mail. Once I get these two things I'll be installing a MOD called TheDark which is essentiall a hack since it changes the fundamental structure of the game in such a way as to make it not the same as the original, so in this aspect, yes I do hack.

Do I dupe or use exploits or harmful hacks to myself and others? That goes without question NO! Especially in Diablo 1, although 1 or 2 dosent really make a difference now, does it!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I shamefully admit it: I use the Butcher's Cleaver in single player... :lol:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
But my rogue usually shoots her bow, so she would have to answer "no" to hacking (and slashing) for the most part, even though now and again the S/S set up does come out . . .

So you hack every now and then, and go around masquerading as a non-hacker the rest of the time?! I see how it is... :D

Seriously though, the word 'hack' has way too many meanings and subtle variations without the hack = cheat sense that has developed. I hesitate to use the words hack or hacker in any sense because frankly it's hard to tell what someone means when they throw those terms around. Would someone with extensive knowledge about all aspects of the game be a Diablo hack? Did Blizzard programmers hack Diablo when they linked certain monster abilities to specific monster slots? If I fire up my hex editor and change 'Wizardspike' into 'Superkiller' or make magma-spitting gargoyles (done both, for what little it's worth) does that make me a hacker? Maybe if I spoof packets or mess with the D2 servers, or do we call this cracking instead?

Even without the hack'n'slash references, it's enough to make someone's head spin :)
Come on, SDSaber, this pretty much amounts to spam.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(I just read the rules on posting links, and this one shouldn't be a problem)
So you wanna be a l33t haxor cheater? Go here:

http://www.multiplayercheats.net/
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Ha ha! ...but this time I was prepared.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!