Hacked items gone mad...
*dies laughing*

NAW, them items aint hacked t'all.

*cough*
>Conner MacLeod: The thing I like most about closed was the economy aspect. The bartering system allowed you to further delve into aspects of the game COMPLETELY unavailable to Open or SP players, unless you used cheats to get there... I'm saying that I have a nice soj collection that I worked hard and long to get, and now nobody wants to trade anything unless it's stuff that I NEED!

IMO, the old economy of closed realm play was completely cheated. Items were listed in price in terms of X number of Stone's of Jordan. I have never even found ONE. I am sure that is true for many others as well. Obviously the multiple SOJ's flowing through the realms are dupes. And yet trading through this system isn't cheating? In order to use this system legitimately (so to speak), one would have to actually find multiple SOJ's - and then use them to trade for some arbitrary item you seek. This is no realistic possibility, seeing as how the amount of work going into finding multiple SOJ's isn't worth the item you want anyways.

The only legit trading would be true bartering, obviously with a source you can trust. (BTW, bartering is a good <-> good, not a good -> currency (SOJ) -> good.) If this system existed it would be very rewarding. For instance, when a character finds an item they know is valuable, but they don't have much use for, they can eventually find a person who can put that item to good use and vice versa. One of the two may get a lower quality item, but that is better than lugging around a worthless one...

OT:
> And I played single player for about 1.5-2 years (can't remember how long), and you're definitely right, there is no justice. The best item I ever got to drop was a Swordguard and String of Ears.

I feel your pain. I think blizzard did a really bad job balancing SP and MP. There is no balance. There is no difference in the quality of items dropped between the two. As it stands now, the drops are balanced in MP. Although many drops are very rare, there are so many people playing constantly that these drops will be found, and sets can be completed. In SP, there is no such luxury. You are a single person, and versus the odds of finding a few pieces of elite gear, you have no chance - and don't even think about completing exceptional sets. You may argue that blizzard didn't want improved drops for SP because of open b.net, and then the amount elite gear would be too weighted. This doesn't make much sense considering they knew open was going to get hacked completely anyways, so that fact wouldn't matter.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
no touchy
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Fine, I won't say anything. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)