Can we Please have a Lurker Trade Forum?
I'm sorry guys, I didnt know historically there has been a constant "no" answer from Bolty and Gris. I just thought this was a post requesting a trading forum and I gave an opinion on how it might work, dont attack me over it, I just thought it might be a good idea, I guess it wasn't...

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
And sin no more . . . :)

PS: If you join a game with players who you meet via the Lounge, then in game, when the items themselves are actually available to trade, there is more than sufficient time to offer and accept, as trading goes, without the zero value added step and time investment of waxing poetic on the items in a forum, where the deal can't even be closed in the first place. All other considerations aside, it is in the game that the conversations and deals are actually cut, without any of the "but on the forum you said" crap that might arise. Best business practice, in a barter economy, is to hit the market and see what you can get. The time you spend just yapping about it is time wasted. :o
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
TheDragoon,Mar 9 2003, 06:30 PM Wrote:Finally, as has been stated many times over, what would this forum, the goal of all the work, result in?  I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't really benefit most of us, it would result in a ton of work to patrol the forum, and it would just serve to attract the trading room trolls of the forums.  As Bolty has stated before, that's NOT where he wants to take the Lounge.  It is definitely not worth sacrificing so much to gain so little.
Very well put, TD. I'd like to add another point, that any mods would turn into policemen as well. Disputes like "he cheated me" and "he stole from me" would eventually be cropping up daily, and it's just more crud for admins to deal with.

Either you:

1) have a massive automated system like EBay with reputation meters and software to try and stop unscrupulous people
2) don't do it at all

The choice is pretty obvious.

-Bolty

P.S. I've had my fill of suck-ups, thanks - so much so that sometimes the moment some online stranger is nice to me I figure that they just want something. The end result is I become vicious and curmudgeonly. But things have mellowed massively since this site only gets 1/10th its former traffic. Until/unless it moves to a third game, that is...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.