Multiple Ancients Kills
Hi,
After checking out the new STSI I remembered something funny happened considering the Ancients Quest. I had completed the quest with my Sorc on Hell, exp reward and all, and the next time I started a game and passed by the Summit the Ancients had returned to their informal wardrobe and out of curiosity I hit the altar. Well, after collecting my corpse I came to two conclusions I want to share.

1. Don't activate the Ancients if you're doing "players 8" exp runs. They have a bit more Life then.
2. Fanaticism Aura on the Ancients tends to get you killed somewhat faster than normal.

:)

Seriously now, has anyone else experienced multiple Ancients activatons? I noticed the same thing with other characters, about two times out of maybe se7en there were item drops too, but never from all three Ancients. You probably guessed, it's SP again.

Greetings
Nuur

edit: cleared up my actual question
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
>I am not exactly sure what you are asking we have experienced, so I am assuming its about fighting the ancients for a second time.

You are able to fight the ancients at anytime, even after the quest is completed*. The only difference is that since you have already completed the quest, you will not get any quest bonuses - namely the experience bonus.

(*Note: Last time I did this was in SP, 1.08; it may not be valid any longer.)
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
thx for the reply,
but you definitely CANNOT fight the Ancients anytime you want (1.09, at least I can't)
90% of the time they stand around in their funky new gold armors and the altar is deactivated. I tested this quite a bit and have not been able to determine when the game will allow me to activate the altar again.

And yes, I was referring to the multiple Ancients activation, seems I got a bit carried away with the "conclusions" :) , sorry about that.

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
If someone who hasn't completed the quest starts the game, you'll probably be able to activate the altar(similar to the Eclipse and Duriel quests in Act 2), but I don't think it applies in your case(since you play SP)

I had a funny thought though, I heard that the Ancients reset to full health, etc when you leave the area. What happens if you kill one, then run away, and come back. Will there still be 3 of them? Or only 2 in perfect health? :D
You will get 1-3 experience points per Ancient you kill. :lol:

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:I had a funny thought though, I heard that the Ancients reset to full health, etc when you leave the area. What happens if you kill one, then run away, and come back. Will there still be 3 of them? Or only 2 in perfect health? 

Well, the only way you can run away is to die and restart in town, or leave the game and come back. I both cases, the ancients remain at the health you left them at. I'm not sure if they have regular monster health regen, but if they do, that's the only life they will have regained.

An interesting part of this is that you can do the ancients for yourself on bnet: Create a game with a char who needs the ancients quest. Leave and rejoin with a high lvl char and kill 2 of them(and injure the third). Leave and rejoin with the char who needs the quest, and kill the last low health ancient. As long as someone who needs the quest created the game, anyone who kills the last ancient will get the quest(if they need it).

Of course, if you kill one, then use a tp to reset them, they all start full again.
Quote:You will get 1-3 experience points per Ancient you kill.
-Griselda

NuurAbSaal: Need se7en lvl99 Sorcs for hell ancients run, only expert players for ULTRAPHAST levelling
one free soj per run, I'm lvl 3

:lol:

Nuur

I'll remember you.
I've always been able to fight the ancients multiple times. Once again I don't get the quest reward of course, and get 1 exp point per ancient....but you DEFINITELY CAN fight them multiple times....... or at least I can. (deja vu?) <-----------can't spell
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci