Just got pked for the first time
:angry: Just got pk-ed by some hydrasorc, was happy questing, listening to music with my new barbbuild (max shout, max ironskin, defiance merc) someone was helping us out I go through the tp and lag,hydra,DEAD my name was Thoorq if you killed a Thoorq please post your adress and name here :rolleyes:..... It took me a month to find all his stuff and my build was surprisingly effective (a constant 5% chance to get hit). My conclusion was : All pk's are frustrated wankers. I think blizzard should seperate duel and quest games what do you say ? Because those hydra sorcies should be duelling and die, not irritating people without personal gain !!!

Just a thought I HAD to share.....
Hi,

if you killed a Thoorq please post your adress and name here

Right. You'd have better luck at Buzzard's forums or dii.net.

Also, as a D2 topic, perhaps you should try Atma's.

And, finally, "All pk's are frustrated wankers." We haven't had a nice 500 post on that subject for a long time. But not long enough.

As a friend used to say, "You *mess* with the bull, you get the horn." You play public, you're gonna get PKed. Deal with it.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

1) About the frustrated wankers: Grief players are grief players.
2) Blizzard has already spoken, at length, in re the hows and whys of the hostile system. Why they have not treated Hydra like the Assassin's traps intrigues me: With a TP or a WP, the Hydra should fall, or maybe should travel into town with the character and attack Deckard Cain! :)

3) Chances that the PK posts here are small.

4) PK avoidance is an acquired trait. Since they are out there, you have to be alert to the warning signs. There are many, I will address a few here For others, see

Rahl's HC Guide

A few tips, given that Blizz will not put a timer on hostility, which would make sense to me. (Thought: A five second timer would probably weed out the griefers from the duelers, and duelers can live with the 5 second delay, given all of the smack talk that goes on between the usual duellers on bnet.)

A. Waypoints are a lucrative PK area for GA amazons, Thrower barbarians, and Hydra sorceresses. You go through, they see via Party Screen where you went, go hostile hit WP and start firing away in short order. If you see folks lurking about the WP in town, be alert. Same with folks just lurking about the opening to town. Go to an off the wall place first and see what happens.

B. When folks offer to help you before you ask for it, consider being wary. Some folks are honestly trying to help, others, like the jerk 37th lvls sorc (Name something like CBZ_Hydra) who I saw PK a clvl 9 Assassin (acct name Sergei_molotov, a very nice fellow I ran into on East in a pubbie) this morning, offer the Cats 2 WP, invite, and play the waypoint trapping game with Hydra. If you ask for help and some one gives it to you, you are less likely to be PK'd. if some one offers you help unsolicited, consider why before accepting.

C. Know where PK's like to hunt. Near Wp's, in Bloody Run Games, in Arcane and Sewer Run games, where they know folks are in a hurry and likely to be less than vigilant. In Meph and Diablo "please help me kill" games in NM and Hell.

D. In the sewers of Act II, I typically dodge past the first set or two of monsters to put them between me and any PKer who wants to jump into the door or down the WP after me. That way, Hydra and GA will auto attack something else while I TP outta there or ESC, depding on how lucky I feel.

E. Hot Key. Put TP scrolls in the last row of your belt, 1 or 4, and either get good at hitting that HK or switch that Hot Key to your Space bar, the easiest bar in the game to find. Hitting that auto casts the TP and you dive into it, usually before more than a round or two lands on you. ONce in town, figure out if you want to stay in the game or not.

F. If town kill ever comes out, stop playing HC.

G. PK's who run about hostiling others in HC are a real nuisance, and should be treated as such.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Sorry to hear you got Pked. I recently started playing hardcore and was killed in a similar "Drop hack ambush" fashion myself a few days ago. I was surprised as to how personally I took it. I normally play Softcore and PKs never really bothered me, but now in HC my tune has changed. I guess all we can do is be more careful, it's a part of the game we have to grin and take.
Yes, being pked in hc is much worse than sc, this barb took a lot of planning itemwise I got killed in cats lv4 nm though don't care much about the char but even with about 500 mf it's still hard to find a good armor :)
I also wanted to register at diabloii.net but didn't accept hotmail people (don't ask me why).
I'm very careful player after I read that hc-guide 4 months ago but this pker was one I wasn't really prepared for...

Well.. processed my death after 4 hours (next pk I'll let his acc be hacked and all his chars deleted and create a char who says "steviesendshisregards" or "whatgoesaroundcomesaround" or "wellisntpkingfun") and now started a Fireball/Ts/Static sorc, thanks for the replies all. :D
hydrasorc??? ever heard of hellmouth gauntlets and dwarfstar ring?
get some, then you wont have to give hydraho's a second thought
Occhidiangela,Mar 5 2003, 05:51 PM Wrote:2)  Blizzard has already spoken, at length, in re the hows and whys of the hostile system.  Why they have not treated Hydra like the Assassin's traps intrigues me: With a TP or a WP, the Hydra should fall, or maybe should travel into town with the character and attack Deckard Cain! :)
I would pay, in real, actual money, to see this happen :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
For the added Fire Resistance.
In Memory of Pete
My 51 Paladin just bought it to "GKG_Duckhunt" or some such clown, a PK in the Foothills.

Got a few levels below the first row of catapults. Saw a pink cross on the screen, and checked the "m" button to see who had been killed by what.

Oops, should have gone to town first. I ought to know better.

As I checked that out, it happened that fast. Hostile and dead. I think what the zon did was shoot a Guided Arrow, TP to town and hostile and then the GA hit me.

Just that fast. Less than a second.

Bah, I ought to know better. See pink cross, TP to town and sort it out, not wander about the live fire zone trying to solve a mystery.

*shakes head* Maybe it is the first sign of senility mainfesting itself.
In Memory of Pete
Ouch. Guided Arrows, spells, etc, should all be destroyed the moment you return to town. That alone would cut the number of PKs down. I mean, what's next? A Sorc casts Blizzard all over you, teleports to town and hostiles before the Blizzard runs out? :P I'd like to see the baba who can Warcry, town, hostile, and return before the Cry is done. :P Actually, come to think of it, it surely can't be that hard to transfer the coding from the Assassin's traps to the Sorc's Hydra. They're both "static" minions after all(except that Hydras will disappear after a set time) Come to think of it, maybe I should start a Raven master, see if he can't peck out those pesky Sorcs before they're done crapping those Hydras. :P
I just got careless. That is what is so galling, that I know what can happen and had the clue I needed to go to town and get a better feel for how that particular game was panning out. For example, if everyone was in town in a bloody hill run, why? Why weren't they out getting experience? Usually, PK. Well, had I gone to town and done a head count . . . instead of rushing off to kill demons . . . I would have seen what I needed to see.
In Memory of Pete
Truly, you would need an atom smasher to get anything else out of poor Jimmy.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]