Explanation of MySQL Errors on Sunday
Why yay? 'Cause otherwise I would have lost my sanity, become a gibbering idiot, and disappear into the Poconos...

From Nexpoint support:

Answer : Hello,
The outage of the MySQL server you experienced this weekend was in relation to a recent phyical
move of machines as Nexpoint continues to grow. Below is a summary of the upgrades performed:

Between Feb 28th, 2003 and March 5th, 2003

Summary of Maintenance:

During this time, Nexpoint will be expanding our Sterling, Virginia Data Center.

- DC Expansion will include upgrading backbone connections between Layer 3 equipment.

- Expansion of data center facility to accomodate additional equipment

- Migration of existing shared hosting servers to new facility

The expansion should help with any reocurring downtime you have been experiencing.

We would like to thank you for your continued support as we continue to build an awesome web
hosting network for your website!

So again, thanks to those who brought it to my attention. However, there was nothing I could have done anyhow. :( And if you read between the lines, there may be problems during this week, since they're still moving things around. Be patient; this is the kind of stuff you get when you're not paying $1000 a year for web hosting.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
. . . Sterling Virginia and having lunch at the Gino's there. Those were the days before Route 7 became so constipated, er, congested. Before the world discovered the Dulles Access highway, known to some of us as a private drag strip . . .

Sterling was the last outpost of suburbia before hitting Leesburg VA . . .

Glad to hear things are well with scripts. The Sterling Va ref triggered some nostalgia.

OBTW< it was at a Christmas season dinner party in Sterling VA in 1998 that I first saw a friend playing Diablo . . . two PC's hooked up . . . and the rest, as they say, is history. Lord Prozac was the first guy to ever join Occhi the Rogue in a Multiplayer game, a few months later, and I still laugh at some of the funny crap we did.

That evening however, we all drank scotch and played Risk. And the roads iced up. And I passed out on his couch.

Thanks for the unintentional trip down memory lane.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Be patient; this is the kind of stuff you get when you're not paying $1000 a year for web hosting.

... And who's fault is it that we're not getting the full-on $1k-per-year treatment?

YOU!!!

Heh, sorry Bolt, I couldn't resist! :P
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:That evening however, we all drank scotch and played Risk.

Scotch and Risk? That seems as if it would be a bit more than a mite entertaining ;) I just have this mental image of a severly inebriated old Rogue staring intently at the board trying to decide whether attacking Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan would be the better move.

"I em attacking wif teen ahmies"

"You mean a cannon?"

"Watevah..." *snore*

:D
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
. . . Scotch is one of the finest lubricants for the mind known to man (or woman, for that matter). Now Risk, a BBQ, and large quantities of beer -- that's dangerous :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Mar 4 2003, 02:45 AM Wrote:. . . Scotch is one of the finest lubricants for the mind known to man (or woman, for that matter).&nbsp; Now Risk, a BBQ, and large quantities of beer -- that's dangerous :)

--Pete
Hell, throw in a game of lawn tennis, and you're begging for a Darwin Award :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386