Gotta admit, or did I miss it
Kudos to everyone here for NOT discussing the latest craze in the Realms, aka How-To-Get-Rich-AND-Get-Your-CD-Key-Banned-In-One-Weekend.

I for one am looking for that eventual posting on Battle.net from Blizzard:

"It has come to our attention that there is a new "duping" system actively being utlized by malicious gamers. We at Blizzard have a very negative view towards the use of hacks/cheats that ruin the game for legitimate players. As a result, we have permanently banned 40,000 CD-Keys and all accounts associated with them."

How about that? Do I sound like I could write for Blizz? I would add, "And perfect 50% War Travelers can now go back to their regular price of 12 sojs", but that would be too much.

Man, gotsta stink to be the users of that hack. 1.10 just around the corner and them without a CD-Key or a Level 99 player to find all the neat new stuff with. Ouch. :lol: Now what are they going to do? In a word? WHO CARES!?
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
The only interesting bit of recent D2 news that has caught my attention is this.

Go on, say it - Quark's Cruel Colossus Sword of Quickness. Say it fifteen times
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Jimeny Crickets!!! :o
With all that stuff that you could "buy", you would be able to breeze through NM and Hell without breaking a sweat.
But what fun would it be if you are banned before even being finish the game.
Its nice seeing the mods for this, but it would make the game to easy. This would make things get boring quickly.
This is my $0.02 on this subject.
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
Well, see, I saw that, but I don't care about those hacked items because I have much better on Open Battlenet. Wanna talk about an effort in stupidity? I quit Open because of those things and play all legit on Closed. If I wanted to play the game and "own", as the kiddies say, I would play Open still. And then I would be bored because there is absolutely no challenge to the game when you use these items.

I've built the most uber of sorcs, zons, and necros on Closed with just a few nice legit items and following the game code. I got the nicest compliment from a new friend I made (another all legit sin) who said I was "a Godly D2 Player". Never been called that before, but I like to think I have some of the nicest (A Legit Piece of Poison), most legit stuff out there because I work for it. I disagree that I am Godly, LMAO. Far from it.

But what disturbs me are the ways that wanton children are willing to destroy an economy in softcore realms all over a couple of stupid sojs. This upsets me most because it devalues the value of my crafts, it upsets the value of Pgems/chips/Jewels to SOJs, and quite frankly, Blizz should side with me when I say - we would be better off if they chose another game for a while, by force if necessary. :)
Conner

*Sigh* ... my poor, poor name ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark, no kid, I logged into here just to offer my sympathies.

But anyone here also notice that NOBODY is bidding on that garbage? Gee, such a shame. Those poor poor Ebay sellers, if more people played honestly, and didn't ask mommy and daddy for an Ith for their birthday, they'd all be out of business.
Conner

I just figured they paid with stolen credit cards numbers...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

But I bet some pay with Mommy and Daddy card, and some have their own card: adults buy stuff on ebay too, though why is beyond me.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Conner Macleod,Mar 3 2003, 06:39 PM Wrote:I have some of the nicest (A Legit Piece of Poison), most legit stuff out there because I work for it
Hmm.

Small Charm

Prefix Pestilent 175 poison dam in 6 seconds lvl 88
Suffix Anthrax 50 poison dam in 6 seconds lvl 44

Now yours has a 10 second timer, and I don't pretend to know how exactly items work. So.
Question1: how is that charm possible?
Question2: Why do dupers limit themselves to 290 poison damage in a small charm.

Frankly I've never seen a legit SC with more than 121 poison.
Occhidiangela,Mar 3 2003, 09:21 PM Wrote:But I bet some pay with Mommy and Daddy card, and some have their own card: adults buy stuff on ebay too, though why is beyond me.
I once met a person who buys stuff from ebay. D2 items for example. Reasoning was, that he might as well spend 50$ for a Windforce (this was about year and a half ago) instead of spending countless of hours of their own time trying to find it; time which would cost much more than that 50$. Now I don't agree with the person, but perhaps it was his way of exercising the d2 demon.
(I really don't know why I still play this dumb game, it's not really fun, more like an addiction, something that forces you back each couple months by threatening to expire your hard worked chars. The day I complete my collection, I will not feel the pull anymore.)
I think it's about time Blizzard starts using corporal punishment for hackers who are destroying the game.. I've sent several e-mails to the hacks-e-mail about people hacking with screenshots and everything.. they're too swamped to do anything about it. (or they don't care, I don't know)..

Each felony would be punished by the deletion of the account plus the following:

Maphack = you get a slap in the face
Cought with maphack again = a punch+ a kick to the groin
Cought with a duped item = 3 kicks to the shin
Cought duping an item = hand shattered by hammer (much like the second quest in act4, just a hand instead of the stone)
Cought trying to scam someone = mallet to the kneecap (but will be driven to a hospital)
Cought trying to scam someone again = mallet to the kneecap (left to his own fate)
Use any lingo which can even remotely be connected with a "1337" language = asphyxiation
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw