New quest for the finest blade
Long have i desired ancient weapon of my fathers, relic of overhelming might, heirloom from the days of old. The Bonesaw, one blade to beat all other blades. Now, from my previous quest i told that i could find my beloved companion from the mysterious and perilfulled dlv 15, and of course there were told that it is the only unique claymore in the real Diablo. But i am not satisfied for this tiny bit of lore, tell me about its powers and all about it. If i do not hear those most important facts from the mouths of highly skilled and highly respected lurkers, im going to distrust their knowledge about these things. But i hope i not will, because there are such many mighty seers and sages on the ranks of immortal lurkers.

"How mighty are the fallen?"

- Mortificator of destruction
Bonesaw. Claymore. Base damage 1-12, with a +10 damage modifier tacked on at the end. Neglible health boost, magical detriments, but most damning of all: no ToHit% boosters. The weapon, in fact, has a -5 Dexterity penalty.

In the life of a melee combatant the ability to pierce the Armor Class protection of a foe becomes paramount. The Bonesaw does nothing to aid in the landing of a successful hit, and you can't inflict damage when you can't hit through to the target.

A Warrior fitted with this blade has to make up the ToHit% with jewelry. There's no other place to do so. This, in turn, will impact either his Resistances to elemental attacks or his Armor Class rating since it will have to be through his armor pieces that he is forced to fill in those aspects at a cost to each other. When speaking purely about armor, you can have high Resistances or high AC, but you can't have both. If he could get the high ToHit% with his weapon in the first place, a Warrior could then focus his Resists through his jewelry and get the high AC through his armor pieces and thus get the best of both worlds.

A weapon with poor ToHit% forces a player to compensate at the cost of another facet of his abilities—it's why ToHit% is such an important factor when measured in the weapon itself. That's where its suppossed to be. That's where it belongs.

In the hands of a Rogue, the Bonesaw may become more serviceable since the girl has a naturally high Dexterity cap which fills in the ToHit% deficiency of the weapon.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hi again,

While powergaming, the dreaded Dreadjudge happened to drop your desired unique Claymore.

Let me know if you are playing online, if that is so, switch to the West Gateway and make a /whois for SteinHerz or 06-06-1944 ( My BW account ).

May this help in your quest.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"