Harbinger
http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/harbi...nger/index.html

does anyone have this yet? I'm having trouble deciding if its worth the money. The major drawback (at least in my eyes) is a lack of multiplayer.

I'm just wondering what anyone has heard about the game, good or bad.
Signatures suck
Gamespot review: 4.5/10

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/revie...2911785,00.html
bschultz,Feb 27 2003, 08:24 PM Wrote:The major drawback (at least in my eyes) is a lack of multiplayer.
...without Multiplayer.

The irony in that? The Multiplayer was a last-minute add on that took all of 5 minutes to implement.

Personally, I saw the ad a week or so ago. Maybe longer. I browsed the site, and the screenies, and didn't see much there worth getting it for. Looks like Nox in Space to me, and of the little I played of the Nox demo, I didn't find it enjoyable (although I still want to get Nox).

My advice? Wait for a demo. Wait for some reviews. Find other people who've considered it, or even tried it. And, go to your local Babbages / Gamestop (or, God forbid, EBX / Electronics Boutique) and ask the clerks what they think.

And, in the end, if it's truly not what you want, you can always return it. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I find it hard to belive that battle.net was programed and implemented in 5 minutes. after all when diablo was released so was battle.net.
Signatures suck
... The main reason for the delays of Diablo was battle.net - Blizzard wanted it ready for the release. The bulk of it was programmed/designed by Mike O'Brien, IIRC.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
you recall correctly ;)

Mike O'Brien is now at www.arena.net suposedly making the latest and greatest game. though its not yet anounced.
Signatures suck
bschultz,Feb 28 2003, 09:37 PM Wrote:I find it hard to belive that battle.net was programed and implemented in 5 minutes.  after all when diablo was released so was battle.net.
It was nothing more than an afterthought. The fact that Battle.Net came out at the same time, or at all, is just Blizzard's good fortune. Without Battle.Net, I wager Blizzard's sales wouldn't be more than half. They make great games, but part of their greatness (a LARGE part) is their multiplayer aspect, and the ability to play them over a free service.
Roland *The Gunslinger*