Hey Bolt...
Over at www.celica.net , they have some really cool smilies. You need to register and then go to any of the forums and make a new topic, and scroll down and it gives the code for them. I thought they would be a nice add-on to the ones we already have. Just giving you an alternative that you might want to check into.

By the way, any news on the next "Threaded View" hack? It's a little anoying having to click to read every post. Just wondering! Thanks!
WWBBD?
I can see all the posts at a time if there aren't too many. Is my comp weird or something? :(
I have my own signature. Yay.
In my spare time I have been working on improving the threaded view hack. I have the issue of needing some forums to work on that are not in production, and I don't really have enough to go on to feel that I can ask Bolty to do the work here. I have a host that I can work on, I just haven't gotten everything up and running.

Installing the current threaded view hack is a little tricky (involves editing like 20 files) and I have been looking at simplifying that as well if possible. I need to insure that all the changes that I think are required works everywhere as well. I also want to make the package so that you don't have to add it after adding the current hack if that makes sense. I have e-mailed the author of the current package and hopefully I can work directly with him to speed things up.

I don't know if anyone else has tried to do anything with it. I currently have about 2 hours a week to devote to this project. It will take me awhile to complete it, if I can.

I will make a general plea/request, that if anyone has this software (Invision board) up and running with the thread hack already installed, and they don't mind if it gets completely broken and can provide me with FTP (though telnet would be better :) ) access that could save me sometime. The host I am using is leaching space from someone else as it is.

I warn people not to expect that much from me. This wouldn't be the first time I thought I could do something and utterly failed to produce due to lack of time. I have been poking at making a threaded hack for ikonboards for a bit now (and while Invision board is basically the same thing and made by basically all the original authors of ikonboard, it is different for one it is php and not perl) and it isn't that far along, but I put that on hold for this.

That is my update, from one person who offered to help, but doesn't really have the time to effectively work with other people on it. I didn't ask since I know that working effectively together involves some basic scheduling which I can't do, being sociable and conscientious enough to work with others (another place I am currently lacking), and other things.

Bolty may very well have more information from other sources that sounds more promising. But I am trying, I wouldn't expect results for at least a month or 2 from me though.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The poor threaded hack author might not know what hit him now that some Lurkers are on the case. :P

Let us know how it's going!

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Any chance we could get the vomit smilie included with the "postable" ones? After reading the thread about the Swanson breakfast, I sure could have used it ;)

Edit: Sorry for the hijack, Yrrek!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Thanks Gnollguy! I would offer to help, but I have no clue as what would need to be done. I do understand why it will take a while though. Good luck!
WWBBD?