Something wrong with the forum
Hi
I'm currently using Opera 6.5 as my Internet browser which I enjoy immensely. It has a good download manager, doesn't allow popups, and is quite fast.
Nevertheless, I seem to experience some trouble each time I post a reply on the lurkerlounge. The reply gets posted, but I have to open up a new window to continue browsing the forum, as the existing window 'does nothing'.

There's a timer at the bottom of opera which tells me how long it takes to load a page. It's now been over 4 minutes since I posted my reply in the breakfast-topic. Right next to the counter it says "completed requst to www.lurkerlounge.com" but the window is completely blank. It doesn't display anything resembling the lounge.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
After you submit a post, a screen comes up and says something to the effect of "Thanks, Your Post has been submitted Please wait while we transfer you... (Or click here if you do not wish to wait)".

I suspect Opera does not recognize or is blocking the auto forwarding...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I have the same problem. Interestingly enough, I have posted on similar PHP based boards that do the "please wait while we redirect you" thing, and haven't had a problem.

Edit: I am using opera 6.05

It appears to be a problem with something between the editable page and the redirect page, because I copied the source from IE on the redirect page, made a local file, opened it up with opera, and it worked fine, and redirected me to the page.
Ok now THAT is weird. After making that local file and using it, I can now edit that same post that I got the file from without error. Now testing a new post.

Edit: Turns out the edit function works fine in opera, only the reply function has that problem.
test

Edit: sorry about the extra post. No delete function, eh?
Why aren't you using Opera 7?

Edit: This post was made with Opera 7 and went through hellishly fast and just fine. :blink: Update your browser. :lol:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Haha, thanks Blade - now I can just tell the Opera users "upgrade or die."

Actually, this forum does support different methods of redirect. It's set to the one that's "Windows-friendly" since this is running on a Windows server. I could fiddle with it sometime when an Opera user seeing this problem is around so we can see if it helps (Lounge chatroom would be the way to go here).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
You are not alone my friend. I also have this problem. It is somewhat *cough* very *cough* anoying. Is there anything we can do?
WWBBD?
They've mentioned upgrading to 7.0 but rumours have it, that the new upgrade sucks donkey.
[ Wrote:Angel,Feb 27 2003, 12:44 PM] They've mentioned upgrading to 7.0 but rumours have it, that the new upgrade sucks donkey.
What rumours?

I have yet to hear of Opera 7 being inferior to Opera 6 in any aspect. Conversely I've encountered a few things where Opera 7 actually has advantages. Compatibilty with this forum software is but one case in point.
Yrrek,Feb 26 2003, 07:08 PM Wrote:You are not alone my friend. I also have this problem. It is somewhat *cough* very *cough* anoying. Is there anything we can do?
As I said, yes, join me in chat sometime and I'll play with the redirect method this forum software uses. Then you can try it out and let me know if it helps.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
WarBlade,Feb 27 2003, 01:29 AM Wrote:What rumours?

I have yet to hear of Opera 7 being inferior to Opera 6 in any aspect. Conversely I've encountered a few things where Opera 7 actually has advantages. Compatibilty with this forum software is but one case in point.
I did some digging around and found that the source of these rumours were a bunch of CS-playing 14-year olds.. go figure. Guess I'll upgrade tomorrow ;)

(loved your fruit-post, blade. I'm still laughing...)
[ Wrote:Angel,Feb 27 2003, 02:23 PM] (loved your fruit-post, blade. I'm still laughing...)
The fruit post had you laughing? :o

Well in that case I'd have to say I'm glad you never read my Star Trek post on Roland's forum last year, or you might have been headed for a trip in an ambulance! :blink:
Perhaps it's in the archive.. will go a-scavenging tomorrow.