Fat and sodium for breakfast
I thought this was amusing and that some of you might appreciate how unbelievably bad this Swanson Hungry Man breakfast is for you. Just LOOK at it. It's truly mind- (and gut-) blowing.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

This is certainly no English muffin or bowl of Rice Krispies. Nosirree, this is the ALL-DAY BREAKFAST! And all the next day! And the day after that! Eating this thing certainly qualifies as self-abuse. I had a heart attack just looking at the box.

JS
"I know what I like, and I like a lot of it. A ridiculously huge lot. So much, in fact, that it will instantly kill me. Give me some fat to dip my sausage in."
Hi,

If you fed that to an animal, the SPCA would be all over you for cruelty. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

that was a good one. Thanks :lol:

"I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris"
I wonder how that thing even passed the safety standard for instant foods. :blink:
Pete,Feb 25 2003, 12:15 AM Wrote:Hi,

If you fed that to an animal, the SPCA would be all over you for cruelty. ;)

--Pete
Yeah, if animals ate it there woud be humans after you, if you ate it no one cares, there should be some orginazation like this for people too... heh.
"It burns because its burning!"
A real jaw-dropper :) And yet, this meal looks like a pretty typical farm breakfast to me. At a restaurant near where I grew up, the manager's special consisted of a pound of bacon and a pound of potatoes: twice as much food as this microwave breakfast. The potatoes would be relatively healthy compared to say these high-cholesterol eggs, but that much bacon is just scary. I never had the guts to eat this meal, and those who ordered it were generally very large people. Not sure whether they ate the meal because they were large, or vice versa...
Quote:At a restaurant near where I grew up, the manager's special consisted of a pound of bacon and a pound of potatoes: twice as much food as this microwave breakfast

That reminds me of a great little place (okay, a shack on the side of the road with 5-6 tables and 3-4 seats at the counter) in Syracuse, NY, called "Mothers' Cupboard." They were open 3AM until 10AM on Weekdays, and 12AM to 10AM on week-ends. They had two famous dishes, the Frittata (literally a pile on your plate of everything remotely breakfast, available in 2 sizes: super gargantuan and 1/2). They hung your picture on the wall if you were able to finish the full portion. The second dish is the "Foot-Wide Pancake." They say what they mean, and they mean what they say: the footnote on the menu under this one was something like "a traditional pancake, just bigger. Don't try to eat two, you'll hurt yourself. :blink:

We used to go there after parties. Anybody that was left at the house was welcome to join the residents for breakfast. It was a good excuse to go home and collapse the next day, because you'd best not stray too far from the house. God I miss that place...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hahaha.. sounds disgusting
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I always stick with two Nature Valley bars and a Gatorade for breakfast :)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Christ boy, you trying to kill me?

I had a minor palpatation by just reading the nutritional information. 231% RDA cholesterol? Just looking at that statistic clogs your arteries.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Disgustingly delicious!! :D I'd like to try it just because it would make a good story. I'm sure my friends and I could make some kind of contest out of it...

--Copadope
Copadope,Feb 25 2003, 05:05 PM Wrote:Disgustingly delicious!! :D  I'd like to try it just because it would make a good story.  I'm sure my friends and I could make some kind of contest out of it...
And I shall enjoy reading the obituaries next week.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I'd eat it because I could easily burn off all of that by the end of my day. ^^

Looks good.
Quote: I could easily burn off all of that by the end of my day.

Right, you could burn off 231% of your RDA for cholesterol. :blink:

One wonders why there haven't been court injuctions against Swanson to stop making this.
Oh, man. I think I could feel my arteries clogging up just looking at those pics. Was it just me, or did those eggs take the form of a half-eaten bunny in the second to last pic?

And they could have made it worse. They could have added some kind of steak to it too :(

Slightly OT, but I actually like eating Yan-Yans, unlike the reviewer who buried them. They're not great, but still...
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
IIRC, 231% of RDA for cholesterol is slightly more than you would get from 3 whole eggs. It's not exactly going to kill you at the table (unless you already have serious health problems at least) . Of course, if you start your day this way on a regular basis it is going to catch up with you down the road. That can be said for a lot of food products though. Many don't look so bad because they have smaller suggested serving sizes, yet people eat 5 servings at a time...
That manager's special isn't anything to get excited about. Add some toast, eggs, and gravy and then I'll get interested. A pound of bacon doesn't amount to much once it's cooked down, either. Especially if it's cheap bacon.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]
Since I'm familiar with your area, at least where you go to school, I can help you there. In McMurray, there's a restaurant called Angelia's. They make a sandwich called the 'pig'. Half of one is a 'piglet'. They basically take a hoagie bun and empty the kitchen onto it. For 12 dollars you are getting about 6 to 10 pounds of food. Most guys can't even finish a piglet. I ate one in 25 minutes once.(I was hungry :D ) I don't think it is humanly possible to eat an entire pig in one sitting.

Or, if big breakfasts are to your liking, try Danny's on Pike street. His specialty is gourmet pancakes. They are a lot bigger than a foot. They're so big, they flip them with a pizza turner. Considering the sheer quantity of food you get, his pricing is dirt cheap, too.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]
Quote:Right, you could burn off 231% of your RDA for cholesterol. 

Why assume I can't? ;)

Quote:One wonders why there haven't been court injuctions against Swanson to stop making this.

Not as they force you to eat it, and they DO tell you what is in it ;)

EDIT: Bolty please change the ;) smiley. It looks like a stroke victim.
Thanks, cheezz. Those places sound quite interesting. Hopefully I'll get around to checking them out once I get my car back.

--Copadope