post counts and titles
is it possible for us to be able to see how many posts each person has made similar to the battle.net forums? also how 'bout new titles after each person reaches X amount of posts? like how it was done on the black isle forums?
Signatures suck
This has already been mentioned and very few were interested. The situation you describe creates a precedent for posting spam for the express purpose of inflating a post count.

The Lurker Lounge is not a tolerant monster to posts that go, "1000!!! :lol: w00t! im so 1337!"
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
yeah I have noticed that people do that. though I personally never have.

perhaps we could just try it out and if it gets out of hand it could then be disabled?
Signatures suck
Hi,

perhaps we could just try it out and if it gets out of hand it could then be disabled?

It buys nothing. It has no value. So why bother risking it for what is just some people's ego trip?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Post counts contribute nothing of value to a forum. Everyone is judged by what they write, not how much they write.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I agree. There is little use for post counts. They discourage new members (like me) and ostracize them from contributing to the forum. What I do favor, however, is a Kharma system. It encourages good posting and having the good behavior to get a Kharma of +5 generally precludes any "I'm +5 Kharma, and you're not!" posting, because that sort of behavior would hurt their kharma.

Just one "I'm really trying not to be a new-newb"'s 2 cents.
Custom titles would be nice, but post counts aren't.
Or, we insrt post counts and give people titles such as "spamming idiot," "I am not 1337 just because I spam," and "I have no life but to waste space here" Of course, people who actualy make good posts would not have such, but that's too subjective. :D

And honestly, I hate the Battle.net forums :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
While I agree that having post counts and titles dont have a "real value." I just thought that it would be ya know... fun. After all thats the reason I come here and post and thats why I play Diablo 2. At the same time though I dont want to see this place ending up like the battle.net forums fillied with whining and trolling.

Sometimes things dont have to be "useful" or have a "real value" to be fun or intresting! that is all. :)
Signatures suck
Quote:At the same time though I dont want to see this place ending up like the battle.net forums fillied with whining and trolling.

I remember when Jarulf got the MVP title on the Battle.net forum. People made fun of him because he'd only made about four posts. (But we know better than that, don't we? ;))
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
hey count looks like your sig pic isnt working...
Signatures suck