Calling All Gearheads!
If you're a huge mecha anime fan like myself, you'll want to be watching Cartoon Network from 21:00 to 22:00 (9:00 PM to 10:00 PM for those of you who aren't used to using 24-hour clocks) all of this week. Those times are in GMT, so adjust them for your time settings (-5:00 for Easterners like myself.) Yes, they're dubs, and yes, they're likely censored for mass television, but it's better than nothing, especially if you're like me and are either too frugal or too poor (I'm both) to go out and buy the anime on VHS or DVD. I was able to recognize some of them, but many are new. I think I saw a 'bot from The Big O (my second-favorite robot-based anime), but I am dead certain I saw several Veritechs, and you know what that means. MACROSS! About time they get back to putting it on TV for once. All hail the coming of the giant robot week! ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Full info at http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/toonami/prom...2003/index.html

There will be a bit of Nadesico, Robotech and Dai-Guard, but only ONE Eva? Although, the evas aren't technically robots anyway...
I Demand Pie.
The reason they are only showing the first three episodes of Eva is because they have to show either uncensored, or not at all. There is a good chance that all the rest have the same agreement. And, during commercials, they are going to be showing Gigantor.

This will be a good week ^^
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
Sweet! Robotech is back on the air! If only for a week or so...:(

What's sad is that I know I have the complete Robotech series on tape somewhere. I just can't find it.

Well, anyway, that is awesome news!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I dont think cartoon network would ever show the full set of eva episodes, simply becasue its such a graphic anime. I mean come on, the last 5 episodes are hard to watch on dvd, there's no amount of censoring you could do to make that watchable on mainstream kids TV.

But 3 things to look foreward to in march, new Toonami design, new DBZ episodes(up to the end of the series now), and Kenshin! Yup thats right, all 92-freakin' episodes. Life will be good again.
[Image: lumsig.jpg]
heer is two things first are you the same striker from www.broodwar.com and second its gonna suk they dont have gundam or eclafonte
im torch not scorch
[Image: TN_Firebat.JPG]
Quote:I mean come on, the last 5 episodes are hard to watch on dvd

They were hard to watch because they were bad.

I don't think Toonami is "kids TV" anymore, btw. I thought their contracts changed.
It kinda seems like they are trying to stay with the people who first started watching it. As they get older, the shows get targeted to older audiences.
I Demand Pie.
Quote:heer is two things first are you the same striker from www.broodwar.com and second its gonna suk they dont have gundam or eclafonte

Not today
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Actually, the first two episodes Evangelion are quite bloody as well, even for just a handful of scenes.

Censoring sucks, but I find most anime ruined by just having the dub translated out of Japanese: the dialogue and voice acting for GBZ is just awful. :angry:
They finally got all the DBZ epidoes dubbed and "edited" for North American release? Guess they just don't have the willpower of the original creators who worked their butts off to air a new episode every weekend for a few years straight. <_<
I wonder if they'll air some of the Dragon Ball movies and special hour-long episodes... Ah well, seen most of them years ago already. ;)

Oh, Gainax is remastering all 26 epidoes plus the two movies of Evangelion for another DVD release.
The new release will support 5.1 Sound System, and higher quality image. The website also talkes something about "Originarunegatereshineconpoonentodijitarunyuumasutaa". "Original -something- Component Digital New-Master" I'm strill trying to figure out what that "something" means, although I don't even know if it's one word or five. Visit here if you want to have a crack at it. :P