Fun With Cubes And Imbues! (pictures)
One bug, and one thing of interest...

[Image: bug1.jpg]
I cubed the sword with the 3 chips + long sword = 3 socket magic sword recipe, and King's Grace doesn't work. So I'm left with just a bizzare sword.

[Image: bug2.jpg]
The result of Von Goosewing's normal difficulty imbue. That's one snazzy replacement limb if you ask me. Hey, it even makes a Cow Level! (Provided you imbue and create in the same game.)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
King's Grace in a magical sword will never work. In fact, runewords work only in grey (socketed) items.

Anyways... you've got a nice leg now! :)
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Holy crap that's one heck of a Wirt's leg! Too bad the level req is so high
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
From The Arreat Summit:
Quote:Rune Words will only work in Socketed non-magical items. This means that Set Items, Unique Items, or Magic Items with enough Sockets and the proper item type will not allow or convert to Rune Words.
why wont the pics work 4 me??? :( :( :(
They don't work because:

"Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans."

I got that by trying to go directly to the url: http://www.hubookshelver.netfirms.com/bug2.jpg

-- CH
As I recall, 3 chipped+long sword USED to give a plain, socketed long sword. Didn't it?
Since 1.09, at least, it doesn't. I don't know if it worked before. The new recipe is far better, anyways :)
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
v1.00-v1.06
6 gems/skull (any type and quality) + 1 sword (any type) => socketed long sword

v1.07-v1.08
3 chipped gems + 1 sword -> magic, socketable long sword

v1.09
3 chipped gems + 1 sword -> magic, socketable sword

Note that with 1.09 it will start returning the same base sword type as was put in without it automatically being a long sword as the output type.