Necro Curses
I rarely play Necro, for some reason it's the one class I just can't get in to. I started one anyway (again) the other day and he's going okay so far. He uses Amp Damage like crazy and will probably upgrade to Decrepify later.

Oh right, the question... I know that Necro curses do NOT stack. How do they interact with a Barbs Warcries skills? In particular, the ones that affect the monsters. Do they stack or cancel each other?

If a Barb is casting Taunt and for some dumb reason, I'm casting Terror at the same time... which one works? If they stacked, the monster would run back and forth. I guess I answered my own question. It almost has to be whichever was cast last. Right?
A more fun excursion would be to have a barb (or you, with a Blackhand Key) cast a Grim Totem. Have a barb taunt the newly "howled" monster, and he'd come back... then run as he hit the Totem's AoE.

So, yes... last cast is the effect.

Fun!
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
The only thing that will stack of barb's warcries together with necros curses is 'warcry'

It would have been amusing if battlecry and weaken could stack ;)
Ok, I"ll respond to the first part - Can't get into Necros? Ok, not that they can kill the first monster, but they can definitely kill the last.

Necro is kind of an elite class. They are played by the best, and ruined by the worst. NEVER tell a die hard necro player that we stink, because we will call you out. But if you just cannot get into them, forgiven. I would love nothing better than to own every cow, kill every player, and plant a nublear (no sp) bomb in town).

So, I would refer you to the zon. She's played, everyone builds a cookie cutter (of all types), but the Necro is a silent SUPER BEAST in their own right. Played only by the BEST of D2LOD players, we can make something that is an utter asset to a party, or something that anyone who has seen wishes they had never invited. In brief, the necro cann play for or against the party. I can block the red, or I can Amp Dmg everything for a powered zon. Your choice. Gosh, I hate to promote Necro power, but...

Necros Rule. And if you are fortunate enough to have a level 75+ in your party, ask him to Amp your monsters with his lvl 75 merc. You zon will thank you for it, and we in the Necro Community will thank you. My peace.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
I dunno about best. Necros are cheap-and-easy powerhouses in their own right, buit it's just that they get other things to do the work for them, which is very anti-Diablo 2.

I still love 'em, though.
Ok, agreed, I won't bicker because I am a Necro lover. See, the biggest problem with Necros that makes people become anti-necrites is that our egos are HUGE. So behind every awesome Necro is a player who thinks they are 10 ft tall. Hey, great way to describe myself. And they are not cheap and easy, trying to find a wand for them that fits your build is insanely difficult and no, Blackhands, Whites, and Arms are not the best sticks. And we don't get everyone to do everything for us, we occassionally can even get the leg for a cow game. I'm not trying to go off topic. lol

But yeah, I got so flustered by the posters original statement I forgot to read the last part! lol Last cast takes the priority. You won't be cancelling out any barb grunts and groans with your curses. It's a bigger shame that we cannot stack our curses.

Speaking of fun with unstackable curses, remember that when assisting any player who uses Silence weapons, you will be cancelling their "Blind Target" mod when you cast any curse. That's a nice tip to know for anyone who sees a baba or zon Ithing their way around (the weapon was formerly a Silence weapon). Simply run over to them and cast something lame like Terror or Confuse on their cow herd. Terror is more annoying because it causes their herd to run away while Confuse can be dangerous for you. Either way, you will drive em nuts.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
The least you can do is answer his questions.

There are 3 curses known as the AI (this means it messes with the monsters mind) curses (dim vision, confuse, & attract respectivly), terror is also an AI curse, but its classified as "indirect" so it doesnt get in that lovely trio.

Terror, grim ward, and taunt all have the same effects, even the curses anamation, and will override which ever was cast last.

And who ever said that you can push a monster around with these curses doesnt seem to know that if you cast terror behind the monster, it will run toward you (but not attack).

You can also cast terror, and then another curse over it and it will have both effects (i.e. it will still run for the duration, and say you casted dim vision {a common tactic}, the monster will stay where it stoped untill someone gets too close to it). Another good one is to snap attract on a terrored beast, so if it runs into more monsters it will be attacked {this is a strategy I came up with from my mojo~mancer...i dont suggest you try that build}.

There are only 2 curses that do not override one another (and other curses cannot override them), which are confuse and attract.

See, now all his questions are covered, and then some. Was that so hard?

Now to this off topic "trying to slam the newb-to-mancers." Necromancers are the BEST pvp class, their main offense is unblockable, unresistable (aside from a crafted sheild...but who te hell would use that anyways), has a guided effect, and with proper usage, can be turned into ibs (invisable bone spirit, i.e. you cant see it, yet you keep loosing hp)

They can handel anyone, out run guided arrows (a good one of course can outrun anything), and own any melee attackers with proper usage of bone wall/prison + iron madien (some call it weak in pvp...but they just listened to others and never tried it themselves). Their only problem is duking it out with a sorc, which just happens to be the only character class that can be 100% nulified from equipment (i.e. absorb).

Its true that it takes an extremly skilled player to play one, but telling him to resort to an amazon isnt helping the dueling economy one bit, (its like saying "heres a bruza, go max guided arrow and get some cleg gloves."). Everyone has to learn how to play a character class at some point of time, and the more he plays it, the better he will be.

{my first post, hope its helps at some degree}
Bones and tissue, tubes and fat!! All sustained by blood. Nothing more than a poorly tended machine. And look!! It has a brain!! Fueled by the blood that races heavily in times of grotesquely hightened desires and vices!! You can see the matter and feel the substance, but eyes and hands are useless for sensing the rot and filth of ideas that drip from these things!! ~JtHM~
The avatar some people at this forum really should have.
\--_=/? O_o?
Vamp.Goth,Mar 18 2003, 01:36 PM Wrote:Now to this off topic "trying to slam the newb-to-mancers." Necromancers are the BEST pvp class,

They can handel anyone,
Oh man, here we go again. <_<
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Every class can handle every other class - it just depends on builds, the player skill, and the equipment that everyone's using as to who wins...

Here's what I tell people about necros before I agree to personally teach them tactics and such (I'll post stuff on boards w/o this of course):

"Necromancers are the easiest class to build, hardest to master." - aka you can completely mess one up, and have him still be applicable (usually...not always *shudder*) - which other classes can't claim.... but to truly kill fast you have to master the necromancer and his neuances...which isn't extremely easy (intricate cursing methods like getting 3-4 curses on 1 group to optimise damage, which spells are better in situations, minion control *people have a hard time with that amazingly*, and golem selection).

Hope that helps.
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"