New To This Thing:)
Well, Hi:)

I just bought Diablo 2 a few days ago, w/o the exp. I am wondering if anyone is willing to help this newbie? so far i've got a barb up to normal act4, but having lotsa probs :)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Welcome :)

What realm do you primarily play on, or are you Single Player? I myself play USWest Hardcore, but am currently taking a break from playing DII to deal with some RL issues. Hopefully I'll be able to play again soon :)
SUM PREEST IZ FITE
First tip: Focus your query.

"lotsa probs"?

Define that, please. What are you having difficulties with?

Dying? Well, that's certainly difficult, but common.
Understanding the skills?
Wondering at their effects?
Understanding 1337speak? Don't bother to try.
Deciding between axes, maces, swords or poles?

What, exactly, troubles you?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Well...monsters seem to hit me lots, even with "Shout" increasing my DR so they have less than 50% cth me. that coupled with battle orders being rather short seems to mean i'm getting hit everyfew times. Also, with my polearm's, it means those damn spawners keep making things before I can kill them ;)

I also met something in the..City of the Damned? At the very start, some type of abyss monsters, knights/mages, I can't remember. They really really owned me :)

I play on USWest
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
I think just about everyone goofs up their first Char. It's hard to resist putting points into un-necessary low level skills. The first thing I would advise is to read a couple of guides... in fact, I think MonkeyCID just posted a very nice barb guide. Most people pick 3 or 4 skills to higher level skills to MAX, this usually defines their Playstyle; like Frenzy Barb, Beserker, or Tank.

Next, round up some legit players to learn from, this is the right place to find them. If you ever decide the Realms aren't for you, PM me and we can set up a game on Open or TCP/IP.
When you get the expansion pack I can help you in a tcp/ip game.