Let's Get Rid Of Some Confusion
1. I do not find it cumbersome to use the reply button, even if I have to go all the way back up to the top post to reply to it. Scrolling is easy. I usually try to make sure that I hit "reply" to whichever post I am replying to. On some fora, that requires me to use the "quote" button. If I do not choose to use the quote, as part of the editing I block it out and delete it. I adapt to whatever environment I am in.

2. One reply button and one quote button work for me, so long as they are clearly marked.

3. And for what it is worth, I prefer threaded posts for the reason that others have cited: the visual organization of sub threads in those threads where the topic breaks into logical pieces works for my eye-brain interface. :)

We are always at the mercy of the quality of the membership as regards to threaded or unthreaded threads getting out of hand, but here at the Lounge I would gamble that our membership won't tend to abuse threaded views. I appreciate that you, Bolty, having to referee some of potato chip fights in your living room here, may see it through a different lens.

*starts to pick up potato chips off of the Lounge's carpet.* :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Is this guy/girl above me THE Jarulf? As in, the same Jarulf who is in Diablo II as a hireable merc? Please clear this up for me. Thanks.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Premezilla,Feb 22 2003, 03:03 AM Wrote:Is this guy/girl above me THE Jarulf? As in, the same Jarulf who is in Diablo II as a hireable merc? Please clear this up for me.  Thanks.
Hireling? Who? Where? What?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I saw somewhere...I don't know where, but I'm pretty sure, that one of the Act three hireable mercs was named Jarulf....
P.s. Is this Jarulf? Actually?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Hi,

Yes, that is Jarulf of the "Jarulf's Guide to Diablo and Hellfire" which is hosted on this site and can be downloaded from http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/ or found online at http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

And, yes, there is a hireable merc in Diablo II which was named after this Jarulf.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,

The more I look at it, the more I see it your way. I'll get rid of the large "Add Reply" button, it's superfluous really and causes confusion.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?