Monkeycid's Guide To The Barbarian
Quote: The "blunt" class (which includes staves and wands) works with mace mastery, so yes, a barbarian CAN use mace mastery and benefit from it when using wands (and staves). Good luck and have fun

Oh and what fun I had when I twinked a horadric staff onto my lvl 1 new staff barbarian there :lol:
It all lasted until duriel's chamber where upon I had to use uhm ahem... *cough* bonesnap *cough* until something better presented itself.

BTW, Anytone know what type of staff is the staff of kings/horadric staff... just so I can plug it into a calculator and actually get some speed stats out :)
Quote:Anytone know what type of staff is the staff of kings/horadric staff
answer :)
Shameless *Bump*. I'd like some more comments, please.
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com
Quote:I'd like some more comments, please

Ok,
-I really liked the guide layout, it being very precise and well-organized.
-The skill overview was very good, and it really gives you a good idea of which skills to use and not use.
-The Mods section was useful
-The guide to each of the Barb types was good, but you could've added a few more (eg: Leap Attack)

Hope this helped, I meant the last comment in a positive way, so that the reader could get a very good idea of how versatile the barb can be.

BlackLightning :D
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
I'd like to see a staff barb build

Didn't someone get over 7K life with one? That would be very interesting to see
Ah yes - a staff barb build is in the works. I'll also use your extensive spellchecking :) Thanks alot for that, Brista :)

7k life? That would be me :)
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com
You could track down the 1.08 unique archon staff, it sorta did damage...
And if you need anything about frenzy there is the battle barb guide, and I have one posted here on the armory that got a ton of views and not much feedback... feel free to use it as you see fit, or even just add it in or whatever if you feel it'd be useful.
-Saga
How about a few comments under "Builds" on ThrowBarbs (or at least a link to KoP's Throwology guide)?

And under throwing mastery, on the con's you say:

Quote:Low-to-high damage (Needs very good weapons for high damage)

Now, Low-to-high damage doesn't sound like a con to me: it sounds like I can get anything I want. ;) I think you really mean "Low damage" (a "good" throwing weapon does a lot less da than a "good" melee weapon). Maybe you could add potential for very fast attack speed in the throwing pros.
Was to put the info within your discussion of the skill itself. I allluded to the fact that you had mentioned it elsewhere, and my point was

Organizational. That tidbit is more useful from an organizational perspective, by being included in the skill discussion. However, it is your guide, and maybe our thoughts on organization differ: that is not uncommon.

Again, nice work. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
:) Hiya Monkeycid! Nice guide - I followed some of the Frenzy/Cry build suggestions a lot of moons ago - Sore_Throat is still fun to play.

NOW GIB STAFF GUIDE AMA!!!!

Good work! :)

- Bowa
Bowa of the AB.
USEast - too many accts to list.
Saga_Keeper,May 4 2003, 02:59 AM Wrote:You could track down the 1.08 unique archon staff, it sorta did damage...
Hehe, that's WAY easier said than done. :lol:

My StaffBarb did just fine in Hell with his Ribcracker, until the option of a Fury Stalagmite presented itself. He's got a death grip on that thing. Nowhere near 7k life, though. :blink:
Mother of All Prime Evils
I don´t know if it´s been said here in this topic or if it´s in the guide, but, while Leap has distance limits, Leap Attack does not (except for the screen limits). So, put only 1 point in Leap for pre-requisite.
Is the ability to use Leaps Knock Back Effect.

If Leap Attack is only to be used as a river jumping skill, etc, then sure, the one point wonder approach is certainly a good approach.

If, however, you want to be able to leap into a pile of monsters, temporarily knockback/stun them, and then either frenzy, warcry, WW, or otherwise attack them, Leap's knockback feature is sort of handy.

Some one did a great Singer Barb build last year that used Leap, Warcry, and IIRC Frenzy to great effect. It was on the old lounge, I don't have a link anymore.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
mucho thanks.. barb guide pure swanky :)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe