Poll: Poll:do You Like The New Forums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes:
86.96%
40 86.96%
No:
8.70%
4 8.70%
Undecided:
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll:do You Like The New Forums?
Personally, i think the new forums rock!
():::::::::::::::/================================>
AlphaFang
<================================\::::::::::::::Sad)
Druids are the Bomb!
If I could only kill the childish Windows RG(err, XP) buttons, all would be good...
"One day, o-n-e day..."
SwissMercenary,Feb 14 2003, 03:10 PM Wrote:If I could only kill the childish Windows RG(err, XP) buttons, all would be good...
...it's not as bad as the loss of a truly threaded view. like the old DCForum had. Now, it's so much more difficult to track long posts.

While I like the new forums, I'm gonna miss the old ones. That was on quality they had about them above any other board I've ever seen: ease of viewing. Oh well.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I posted somewhere else that I didn't like them, but here I'll look even stranger! I don't like 'em! Bah Humbug! :angry:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Quote:While I like the new forums, I'm gonna miss the old ones. That was on quality they had about them above any other board I've ever seen: ease of viewing.

Funny, I found them almost unbearably difficult to read. Especially the italics.

I like these forums more. But then I know I will have TONS of fun with the ability to change text styles.
The D2 buttons on the side are a very nice touch.

I also like having my ^_^ !
They might look ugly, but you will be happier when your posts don't get eaten. B)

Hmm, I am somewhat confused by the threading though, as you can see.
I like them. I am used to fourms like this, where all the topics just show up in a line, and people usually quote what they are replying to, and the new smilies are great. :)

The old fourms got hard to read when the messages got crammed on the right side of the window because they had been replying so much.
I love these forums, if only more people would post more frequently. :) Wait, we'd have to change the name then :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
That was a qualm oft mentioned in the days of the D2x beta.

Or the Idiot Invasion, as many might recall it as.
I agree with you, Roland. I liked how the other forums listed the posts in threaded order, then showed the posts under that in order. But I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to the new style.

--Copadope
For the most part, I like the new forums, but I will miss the threaded view, like everyone else. I guess it's time to start using that Quote button, eh? And the WinXP buttons look idiotic <_< And a further note, I don't like the 2x-spacing/1.5x-spacing. It makes reading things a bit harder, especially when you're used to everything in small type and crammed together. And out of sheer curiosity, what font is the default? It looks kinda like Tahoma, but Tahoma isn't listed in the FONT menu. Too bad there is a choice for Verdana. Verdana ist teh pwnage ^_^

/EDIT: A post count would be cool, too. That way we could have some, er, "friendly" competition between who has the most posts -_-
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:A post count would be cool, too. That way we could have some, er, "friendly" competition between who has the most posts
This would just encourage people to post junk to up their post count. It's much better to not have it! :)
-TheDragoon
I personally think that wouldent be sucha good idea, we might get some pretty dumb and pointless posts. (not that we dont already ^_^ )
Is the truth really out there?

-X files doubters
Deja vou :P
Is the truth really out there?

-X files doubters
Ahem guys... you DO know you CAN change how threads are viewed from My Controls...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Just adding this for emphasis, in case anyone hasn't figured out how to change the view: Got to My controls -> board settings, and set View Threaded? to Yes. The board default option is not very good if you intend to participate in any long threads, since a lot of people will be in threaded view and their posting style will reflect that.

I also think that it is often a good practice to quote the portion(s) of a post you are replying to, even with the threaded view.
Artega,Feb 16 2003, 03:37 PM Wrote:And out of sheer curiosity, what font is the default?&nbsp; It looks kinda like Tahoma, but Tahoma isn't listed in the FONT menu.&nbsp; Too bad there is a choice for Verdana.&nbsp; Verdana ist teh pwnage ^_^
Read the Stylesheet:

Quote:TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial; font-size: 8.5pt; color: #FFFFFF }
a:link, a:visited { text-decoration: underline; color: #ECB916 }
a:active, a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FB913C }

And other styles identitfied by "class".
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Artega,Feb 15 2003, 10:37 PM Wrote:And the WinXP buttons look idiotic <_<
Couldn't agree more...if ANYONE wants to take a stab at making better ones, see the post about this in the Suggestion Box where I ask for help.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well I had ideas on doing exactly that even before you put that zip file up for download. Unfortunately, time is not on my side very much at the moment. :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War