Dumb Stupid Dumb Idiotic Pop Ups!
I'm using Mozilla 1.3b and the Lurker Lounge logo on top doesn't look like that. In fact, it looks just fine.

I imagine that's a old version of Mozilla.
Quote: Dude, that's just wrong. I suppose it's a little more complex than a simple "nowrap," eh?
A bit, not much though - AFAIK nowrap istn't really a valid part of HTML anyway.
But IMO positioning of elements with CSS isn't much more complicated.

As a quick and dirty solution, one could merge the warrior and the logo pics so you just have two pics in that row, and then slap a div or span layer on top containing the text links, and position them "absolute"-ly with CSS, like 100px top 100px left, or something, as the position of these links doesn't really change.

I agree about the horizontal scroll bar though, and the wandering barbarian is pretty nifty, so...
concre,e+Feb 15 2003, 02:11 PM Wrote:There's a number of possibilities to construct the code in a correct fashion that will display the LL header as intended and with all browsers, but I won't get into that - it's not my site ;)
Actually some tips might be handy . . . I managed to iron out every rendering bug I could find on one of my sites, so it looks perfect at 640/480, 800/600 and 1024/768 across IE6, Opera 6 & 7, Nutscrape 6 (must get 7) and this Mozilla build that I have. But other people's broswers/configurations are pure guesswork. Learning a little more on do's and don'ts with graphic positioning/aligning might be handy to know for near-future endeavors. Or a link to such info if you know of one?
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Grrr... pop-up ads are the bane of the internet. As said before, a pop-up blocker will get rid of them. Sometimes you will get ads because you have adware/spyware that was installed without you knowing it."Spybot S&d" is one program that can rid of you of such pests.

There are also sites with registry files that will automaticaly place known ad sites in your restricted zone which would help you a lot. Of course, look carefully before you download anything at all times. "IESPYAD" is one example of these registry files.

Good luck and may all evil advertisers meet their fate. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Feb 15 2003, 03:45 PM Wrote:Sometimes you will get ads because you have adware/spyware that was installed without you knowing it."Spybot S&d" is one program that can rid of you of such pests.
I use Ad Aware. Cleans me out regularly.

My usual computer maintanance routine:
1) Installation of new programs?
- Run Ad Aware.
- Edit the registry to delete any items added to the "Run" container.
2) Run Windows Update once every one to four weeks.
3) Run Ad Aware once every four weeks.
4) Defrag my HD once every four weeks.

And of course a full reformat and reinstall of the OS is recommended once every 6 months, and no less than once a year, but that varies on the person. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I think we kinda wandered off-topic in about the middle of all these posts. :(
I have my own signature. Yay.
Well, we gave solutions to your pop-up problem before wandering.

1. Stop using IE or at least relegate it to merely one of a list of alternative browsers. In other words, download and try out:
Opera 7 and Mozilla, both of which can solve pop-up blocking and they don't recognize Microsoft's Active controls either (killing other advertising forms).

2. Try out one of the pop-up blocking programs mentioned in the thread. The one I use is Pop-up Stopper, which is very good for me, but some people find it fails to work on certain configurations. IIRC there were another couple mentioned in the thread too.

EDIT While checking my links I found a download announced at Opera.com giving us
The Swedish Chef!
Text accompaniment reads:
Get your own copy of Opera's Bork! Bork! Bork! edition. Warning: Will translate www.msn.com into the language of the Swedish Chef.

Makes sense to me! :D
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
:P .................... [Image: popworm.gif] .............. :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
I use Safari :D

... and I also hate horizontal scroll bars. I don't like windows that require me to scroll, seeing as i'm on a 15 inch flat screen in 1024 x 768. (And I always have AIM running on the right hand side)