Question....
Will the Screenshot That's Somewhat Interesting make a comeback, staff? Also, how do you become a forum administrator and staff memeber?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Premezilla,Feb 13 2003, 09:21 PM Wrote:Will the Screenshot That's Somewhat Interesting make a comeback, staff?  Also, how do you become a forum administrator and staff memeber?
The STSI never left, but it isn't updated that much nowadays, and believe it or not it's mostly because of a lack of good, new screenshot submissions. A lot of stuff has been done before, and we're not getting nearly as many as we used to.

Becoming a forum admin and/or staff member? You can't, sorry. If we need additional forum staff to help moderate, it'll be done through invitation.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:The STSI never left, but it isn't updated that much nowadays, and believe it or not it's mostly because of a lack of good, new screenshot submissions. A lot of stuff has been done before, and we're not getting nearly as many as we used to.

Oh dear . . . I suppose that means I'll have to run through the entire list and start digging through my archives of screenies. <_<
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Bolty,Feb 14 2003, 02:23 AM Wrote:Becoming a forum admin and/or staff member?&nbsp; You can't, sorry.&nbsp; If we need additional forum staff to help moderate, it'll be done through invitation.
Ouch. Thanks for clearing that up, Bolty. I have some questions. WHat do you guys actually do? I mean, I've never seen Lemming or Elric of Grans post in here. What's up?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

You might want to see this page for information about our specific tasks on site. It also might explain why you're more likely to spot Lemming in the Diablo forum ;) . Please keep in mind that we don't really need huge hordes of people to run this place, which is why we don't accept "applications" for new admins or moderators.

Elric has had a run of bad luck, and he's been offline a lot recently. When he's back, I guarantee that you'll see him post here. :)

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Thanks and a shout out goes to the staff for their speedy responses in my time of need. Aight, time to fly!

I noticed Elric of Grans posting in one of the forums. All I can say is..............reunion????

May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Also, for the most part you don't really need to post at all to moderate a forum or taking care of it in general :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
But need to know what format you need it in.

Last night, I put Slow Missile on an Imp in a tower in Frigid Highlands, and his Inferno shrunk rather noticeably. However, most of the Imps I SM'd did not seem affected.

What is the best format for an STSI?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Most STSI's come just how the game takes them. If you want to shrink it a bit so that it doesn't take an hour to send from your dial-up, that would be fine. Probably the easiest way to chop off some of the file size is to reduce it to 640 X 480, since that's the size we use on the page.

-Griselda

--Pete
I'd hate to count how many new spammers we have here, by your definition, now that you're not posting as much! ;)

-Griselda

--Pete
And besides, we all know if Bolty ever needs new admins, I'm at the top of the list.

Right above Spiderdrake, in fact. :D
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Well, I would imagine that because only the most 1337 |)oo|)z (thanx Elric, was reading your guide, LMAO) hang out on the Lurker Lounge, and the vast majority of us who spam here are legits who are actually interested in game mechanics and stats, and further the vast majority of us are mature people who are professional Diablo-ers, the job of a mod here is pretty simple.

Until Conner gets himself a bottle of Jim Beam and a 12 pack of Coke, then all hell breaks loose when he starts bragging about his Necro. Self flames are the best IMHO.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil