What Home page do u use?
Hi, Smile

I was using http://excite.com/ , now I'm using http://my.msn.com/ , I need to spice up my Life so maybe a new Home page will excite me. Idea

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
I use the Chrome thumbnail page as my home page for now, but with Chrome's irritations, I'm probably going back to firefox, which means I will probably go back to using the new igoogle as my home page.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
iGoogle
iGoogle
(04-26-2010, 05:43 PM)King Jim Wrote: Hi, Smile

I was using http://excite.com/ , now I'm using http://my.msn.com/ , I need to spice up my Life so maybe a new Home page will excite me. Idea

For almost fifteen years I've been using my own home page. The most prominent element being a Renoir from his later phase, which may have someting to do with my sexual orientation. Nothing obscene, just tasteful. Then there are links to a dozen sites. These change with the years, but one constant (besides the Renoir) has been the lurkerlounge.

At the bottom is a simple form to search with Google. The typeface is Bitstream PrimaSans, which is the best screen font I've found. And which I now need to get installed on Windows 7.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I use... blank.

I hate waiting for the homepage to load, so I just opt for blank knowing that I'll be going to the bookmark of my choice 15 seconds after my browser loads.

iGoogle is one of my bookmarks though.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

http://www.arewehavingfunyet.com/
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
In chrome I use their thumbnail page. In Firefox I use a blank page. In IE I use netflix.com, since that's the only reason I open IE.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
(04-26-2010, 08:18 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I use... blank.

I hate waiting for the homepage to load, so I just opt for blank knowing that I'll be going to the bookmark of my choice 15 seconds after my browser loads.

You may or may not care for a Renoir, but why not make a simple page that loads instantly (give or take a millisecond) and which has your searching and links to all your common sites? Saves a lot of clicking I would think, not to mention fourteen seconds.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hi, Huh

Blank, I can not picture 1 moment much less 1/2 second that your mind could be in a state of 'Blank'. Tongue

You could add your LINKS/Favorites bar to your "TaskBar" that way you have access to at least your favorite favorites without having to open a browser.

Just right click with your cursor over the Taskbar open Toolbars & put a check mark next to LINKS Idea

(04-26-2010, 08:18 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I use... blank.

Hi,

The Lounge Forums page, of course. Most often, I open my browser only to check the Lounge, so I might as well start with it.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Rainbow 
(04-26-2010, 07:30 PM)DeeBye Wrote: iGoogle

Me too.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
What does it matter when I never close my browser anyway?

(Also, about:blank)
(04-26-2010, 10:15 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

What else?

--Pete
Hi, Cool

Did you see the movie Frequency yet & if you did, did you like it Huh

Delc said: Netflix.com, hmmm sounds like a good Alt Tongue

Edit: I Heart iGoogle, I have a fish tank for a banner, now if they fix the weather I'm good to go Rolleyes

I think it's whatever the default is for Firefox. I don't really know, because I never see it.

I ALWAYS save my tabs before I close Firefox, so when it launches, the half a dozen tabs I had open when I closed firefox are all open and in the same state I left them. I can refresh a forum thread I was following, or keep a tab open as a reminder of something.
If I need to search for something, I select the appropriate search engine in the search bar (google, wowhead, ebay, amazon, wow armory, wikipedia, urban dictionary are the engines I have installed and use regularly.) No need to visit the site's homepage first.

I don't even really use bookmarks much anymore. I just open my browser and all the stuff I hit often is open already. Most of my bookmarks are to archived forum threads on my hard-drive (stuff that has pictures that I want so if they're removed they aren't gone forever), or to random links of work stuff that I don't visit that often (the intranet search functions SUCK at work)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
about:blank

My browsing habits are so different now -- I only have about 10 bookmarks. I am totally addicted to the "awesome bar" in firefox. Everything is in my history.

For example, if I want to visit the Lounge, I know it is:

Ctrl-T (for new tab)
Ctrl-L (to highlight address bar)
lur Tab Enter

And I'll be at the lounge.
Opera's Speed Dial. Gives me a grid of pages that are one click away. Currently I'm running with a 5 wide and 4 deep grid. So all the sites I go to frequently are there and I even get a nice little pre-cached image of the site instead of only having text links. The lounge one still has an image of the old layout since I never tell it to update. : )
(04-27-2010, 06:57 PM)swirly Wrote: Opera's Speed Dial. Gives me a grid of pages that are one click away. Currently I'm running with a 5 wide and 4 deep grid. So all the sites I go to frequently are there and I even get a nice little pre-cached image of the site instead of only having text links. The lounge one still has an image of the old layout since I never tell it to update. : )
I found that Firefox has an addon, based on Speed Dial, called Showcase. I'm going to give it a try.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

My home page is set to about:blank, but I use Opera, so whenever I reopen the browser (which occurs roughly once a month or so, which is when I restart my computer), all the tabs I had open when I closed the browser are automatically restored. I also have speed-dial set up, so if I open a blank page, I get several options to choose from.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I use deviantART.com (/channels) which has feeds of the newest widescreen wallpaper and photography submitted to the site, the latest content available as prints in the store (which is generally higher quality work than average submittals), and "daily deviations" - works showcased by site moderators. It ensures that I get a taste of new material anytime I open my browser without actively browsing the site.

P.S. Is this the new lounge we've been waiting for, because it's pretty ugly Sad
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!