That sucks, I've lost something precious
I have no idea where the photo, digital version, of my LL avatar is. The version at RBD is a copy of a copy, as it were.

EDIT: Bolty salvaged it, thanks to Bolty! However ...

That photo is one of the few pictures that means anything to me. There is a story with it that I cannot find, that I emailed to a few friends on the Lounge, that captured how I felt about what that pile of stones represented.

An email from 2004. It was a story that I had hoped would be printed in Newsweek's "My Turn column" but at the time, I suppose I was stroking the wrong political string to have any of their *&^!!@# editors accept it.

Maybe now it will resonate.

I have had two hard drive crashes, a motherboard eat itself, a second one eat itself somewhat, and a few CR-R's with stuff I wrote on the Lounge stop feeding the Hard Drives their data. Most of my Lounge stories are lost to time.

If any of you have emails from me from the year 2004, please take a look through them and see if you can find the story about me and clam and the air force major and the pile of rocks.

Thanks

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Perhaps, Bolty has a backup?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hmm.

Attached Files
.jpg   av-91.jpg (Size: 2.55 KB / Downloads: 215)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Occhi, I don't know if this will be of any use, but have you tried The Wayback Machine? Fingers crossed!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I lost mine too. Sad

Animated gif placeholder to show my annoyance: Present!
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(04-29-2010, 12:32 PM)Crusader Wrote: I lost mine too. Sad

Wasn't I hosting that for you?

[Image: hand.jpg]?
This is the only Occhi avatar I have:
[Image: lego_occhi.jpg]lego_occhi.jpg
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Rainbow 
Maybe... a new one?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(04-29-2010, 12:53 PM)Tal Wrote:
(04-29-2010, 12:32 PM)Crusader Wrote: I lost mine too. Sad

Wasn't I hosting that for you?

[Image: hand.jpg]?

Y...

yea...

memory stirring...

That's my old avatar. You know, divine hand of the Crusader... yes... I believe I've become less subtle over the years. Smile
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Okay, two things here for all in the thread:
  1. I'm pretty sure Occhi is looking for the full digital photo that his avatar is based on, not the avatar itself - which I fished up and put in my first response.
  2. You can now upload your avatar to this forum, so no more need to find a host to link it to.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(04-30-2010, 03:23 PM)Bolty Wrote: Okay, two things here for all in the thread:
  1. I'm pretty sure Occhi is looking for the full digital photo that his avatar is based on, not the avatar itself - which I fished up and put in my first response.
  2. You can now upload your avatar to this forum, so no more need to find a host to link it to.
Thanks, Bolty, I'll upload it, but I am also hoping somebody has that email.

The original pic I think was on my hard drive, the one that ate itself back when I was just starting to be an admin, so I may never see it again.

I discovered that the story/essay is gone as well as the pic when I began looking for the original pic that the avatar came from.
For Lochnar and kandrathe:

*Grin*, both are nice, but I'll stick with the pile of rocks.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(04-29-2010, 01:36 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: I have no idea where the photo, digital version, of my LL avatar is. The version at RBD is a copy of a copy, as it were.

EDIT: Bolty salvaged it, thanks to Bolty! However ...

That photo is one of the few pictures that means anything to me. There is a story with it that I cannot find, that I emailed to a few friends on the Lounge, that captured how I felt about what that pile of stones represented.

An email from 2004. It was a story that I had hoped would be printed in Newsweek's "My Turn column" but at the time, I suppose I was stroking the wrong political string to have any of their *&^!!@# editors accept it.

Maybe now it will resonate.

I have had two hard drive crashes, a motherboard eat itself, a second one eat itself somewhat, and a few CR-R's with stuff I wrote on the Lounge stop feeding the Hard Drives their data. Most of my Lounge stories are lost to time.

If any of you have emails from me from the year 2004, please take a look through them and see if you can find the story about me and clam and the air force major and the pile of rocks.

Thanks

Occhi

Oh man that Indeed suck to have trhat happen i hope can recover them.
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Hi,

(04-30-2010, 09:15 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Thanks, Bolty, I'll upload it, but I am also hoping somebody has that email.

Both Sue and I remember that e-mail and those pictures. We've been reconnecting our computers from that time frame (mid to late 04, IIRC) and seeing if we can find it. So far, no luck. I've also got a ton of backups from that period and I've started to go through those. No joy yet (which, of course, you knew because I haven't sent anything to you), but keep those fingers crossed. I've been accused of being a pack rat -- maybe this time it'll be a blessing. Smile

EDIT: There is also a machine from that period that died -- power supply, I think. Pulling its drives and sticking them into a working machine is the next step after searching backups.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?