Epix channel, Cable TV & Internet, no one told me.
Hi, Huh

I watch at least 4+ hours of TV a day, News, Documentries & Movies. Yet I just found EPIX on Cox cable channel 295.

WHY wasn't I told about this FREE Cable channel Oct 2009 when it first launched?

Quote:Epix channel schedule:
http://www.epixhd.com/channel/schedule/

"Got an EPIX Invite Code?
Start watching movies online!
Click here for a seven day invite code."
http://www.epixhd.com/
----------------------------

At Epix channel, it's all about options.

The new movie channel makes content available on multiple platforms.

FACETIME
March 04, 2010|By Meg James

Talk about a crummy time to launch a movie channel. For more than two years the country has been mired in a recession, consumers have snapped shut their wallets, and Wall Street and cable operators have questioned the need for yet another premium cable service offering Hollywood movies.
Mark Greenberg, the channel's top executive, must have felt like a luxury car salesman -- few customers coming through the doors.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/04/...-2010mar04

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi,

(05-02-2010, 07:03 AM)King Jim Wrote: WHY wasn't I told about this FREE Cable channel Oct 2009 when it first launched?
Because it wasn't our turn to tell you?

Besides, I don't think the cable channel is free. And the website seems mostly trailers, interviews, etc. with very few movies.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(05-02-2010, 03:10 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(05-02-2010, 07:03 AM)King Jim Wrote: WHY wasn't I told about this FREE Cable channel Oct 2009 when it first launched?
Because it wasn't our turn to tell you?

Besides, I don't think the cable channel is free. And the website seems mostly trailers, interviews, etc. with very few movies.

--Pete

I signed up for their free pass (7 days) because they have Iron Man and I hadn't seen it. There are a few more I might watch but I wouldn't pay a subscription for watching their movie selections online. The cable channel looks to be offered as a part of various packages that the cable companies offer. Folks may already have it if their carrier is providing it. I think the free pass is mainly just to gather numbers to take to companies that don't already carry them. The only info you need to give them is an email address, your cable carrier and a zip code. I gave them my junkiest email but gave them my real zip, more power to them if they can pry money out of the wallets of the cable companies. Oh yeah, they asked for a name. Hi, I'm Billy Bob, and you are?Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Just in case you weren't aware....

www.hulu.com has a lot of free tv and movies legitimately, and all the major broadcast companies also stream their content such as abc.com, NBC.com, CBS.com, starz, and even southparkstudios.com for their episodes. They are legitimate. Apple.com/QuickTime or QuickTime.com also streams trailers and has done so for years now.

Just in case =D
As someone who canceled Cable television over two years ago for various reasons, I see the need to chime in here;

REASONS:
1) You pay for the service, sometimes *LOTS* of money a month so;
a) You should be able to see what you want, when you want. I have never in my life heard of such a crappy service as television where you shell out hard-earned cash to sit in front of the TV when the networks dictate you too. I understand that commercials help all the companies involved generate some revenue and that does not bother me.
b) You should not have to jump through multiple hurdles to see a show that aired last year. In argument "a)", some may argue that most digital cable boxes today allow you to record your favorite shows, but I contend that most of my favorite shows have already been broadcast a few years back, and the only way to see them is to purchase the show, or wait for a rerun.

2) Every video card I've purchased within the last several years has HD-video output to your television set.

3) Every major network will air their shows immediately after displaying them on network television, free of charge. A few major distribution companies (not the network giants themselves) will show all of their old shows on their own website.
a) I still have to read the news sites to catch the current news because no news sites display a full broadcast, which is a bummer.
b) Not all shows are displayed equally; on most networks, shows will display in 780 or 1080, however anywhere else on the net, your lucky to get good quality Analog. I'm hoping when the internet speeds in the US get faster, this will improve. If your a huge graphics nut, then this might urk you.

4) If I can watch whatever I want... whenever I want... over the internet... and have my computer right next to my T.V. outputting directly to my television, then why the hell would I pay for a crappy cable subscription that shows limited shows and show-times, tells me when I can and can't watch what I'm paying to watch, and costs lots of money annually? Why anyone sane enough to set up their computer to the television would pay for cable television is beyond me.

5) After having no cable for over two years, I realized how much utter crap I was watching on T.V. between shows or just tele surfing. I had established watching habits, and shows I thought I liked, I realized that once I had the freedom to see whatever I wanted when I wanted, that I never really wanted to see these shows at all - they just filled the gap of time when I had nothing to do but wanted to watch something on T.V. Now, I watch shows I really want too. It's so liberating, that I honesty can't see myself ever going back to cable.
a) True story, my kids go over other peoples houses, such as my mothers, or a friends house, and the persons house they are over inevitably turns on the T.V., because it is so ingrained in the American lifestyle I suppose. My kids get impatient immediately because its mostly lousy shows on network T.V., and they already know what they want to watch and simply don't have the patience to waste their time with the crap on T.V. So they end up doing something else, like using their imagination.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote: --Pete:

It's been free now for 6 months, it's just a matter of time for EPIX to start charging once they have signed on to the major distributors companies like Cable/Dish/Direct TV.

Quote:LochnarITB:
I signed up for their free pass (7 days) because they have Iron Man and I hadn't seen it. There are a few more I might watch but I wouldn't pay a subscription for watching their movie selections online.

Same here they have some movies I would like to add to my collection, but I won't buy a subscription.

Quote: Drasca
http://www.hulu.com has a lot of free tv and movies legitimately, and all the major broadcast companies also stream their content such as abc.com, NBC.com, CBS.com, starz, and even southparkstudios.com for their episodes. They are legitimate. Apple.com/QuickTime or QuickTime.com also streams trailers and has done so for years now.

Thanks for the URL, always nice when included in a repy. I have HULU in my favorites bar. One good URL deserves another this one is part of AOL TV: http://www.slashcontrol.com/

Quote:MEAT
As someone who canceled Cable television over two years ago for various reasons, I see the need to chime in here.

Dito, to ALL of your above points.

My pet peeve "Channel LOGO" & Coming attractions during the broadcast, "I HATE them." for that reason I do not watch commercial TV progams like AMC. IF I must, I record them & use the Commercial Skip Button on my DVD player.

I pay for COX extended cable & the movie tier that includes Encore, if you wait long enough most movies show up on Encore or TCM.

I love my favorite movies, all 900+ I copied, I put 3 movies on 1 DVD for future viewing. I think I have OCD when it comes to coping movies. I have a Sony 400 Disk player, 1 DVD recorder with a 160Gb hard drive connected to the digital cable box & 1 DVD/VCR combo recorder connected to the coaxal cable thanks to a splitter.

Once a year I do buy a Special offer for X-amount of months & when I do I record my favorites. Otherwise it's just extended cable, No premium channel for $15 per month for all the repeat programs they ALL show.

I purchased about 20 movies, most are Director's Cut [LotR, Godfather, Xmen each a trilogy box set].

IF I were to watch 1 movie a night it would take me 3 years to watch my enitre collection.Idea

edit: Screw PPV for $5, Get NETFLIX for an avg of $1 per movie Heart

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi,

(05-03-2010, 02:29 PM)King Jim Wrote: My pet peeve "Channel LOGO" . . .
Hey, now, any channel that airs Buffy re-runs can't be all bad. Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?