The Human Centipede
Has anyone else seen this?

Trailer

This was one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen.
So why watch junk like that? I didn't watch the trailer (at work), but the imdb summary of the plot told me enough.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
I have seen some strange movies, had very strange dreams (Gnollguy can vouch for that) and I think the premise for that one is definitely twisted. I may have to go find that one somewhere and watch it just to see how bad it gets. I find it funny that I was just telling a coworker I needed to find some new movies and now I find two new threads (new to me anyway) about very different movies. I'll reserve my thanks to you until I actually watch this one though. Wink
Intolerant monkey.
(05-10-2010, 12:50 PM)Crusader Wrote: So why watch junk like that? I didn't watch the trailer (at work), but the imdb summary of the plot told me enough.

I watched the trailer, and it is...

Well, weird I guess. Possibly weirdererer. Yes, that sounds about right. While I'm prepared to endure quite a bit in the bad-movie-department (Uwe Boll bad), I'll give this one a pass. Just too weirdererish.

Confused

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Hi,

(05-10-2010, 05:06 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Has anyone else seen this?

But, was it entertaining in any way? Did it have a real plot (not just an excuse for gore)? Where the characters developed and did the actors play them well?

I watched a real dog, yesterday, Life Blood. It had the fascination of a slow motion train wreck -- I just couldn't stop watching it. Normally, I'd have given it 1 or 2 stars, but I gave it three. After all, the notion that god is not just a woman, but a lesbian vampire deserves some Whedonian credit Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(05-10-2010, 06:00 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

But, was it entertaining in any way? Did it have a real plot (not just an excuse for gore)? Where the characters developed and did the actors play them well?

I watched a real dog, yesterday, Life Blood. It had the fascination of a slow motion train wreck -- I just couldn't stop watching it. Normally, I'd have given it 1 or 2 stars, but I gave it three. After all, the notion that god is not just a woman, but a lesbian vampire deserves some Whedonian credit Wink

--Pete

From what I read in the notes that came with Vampur, Dreyer removed the lesbian sub-plot from the screenplay. Would have been nice.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-10-2010, 06:00 PM)--Pete Wrote: I watched a real dog, yesterday, Life Blood. It had the fascination of a slow motion train wreck -- I just couldn't stop watching it. Normally, I'd have given it 1 or 2 stars, but I gave it three. After all, the notion that god is not just a woman, but a lesbian vampire deserves some Whedonian credit Wink
I know what you mean... That's the kind of bad movie I can't stop watching either... Wink
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-10-2010, 06:00 PM)--Pete Wrote: But, was it entertaining in any way? Did it have a real plot (not just an excuse for gore)? Where the characters developed and did the actors play them well?

It really was engrossing. There was sort of a plot, and the actors did a decent job (especially the freaky doctor guy). It was a pretty well made movie for the genre on what I assume was a shoestring budget. If the writer/director ever does another horror movie I'll be sure to check it out.

There were some stupid bits to it that bugged me, but it was easy for me to look past them just to see what was going to happen next.

If you don't love disturbing horror movies do not watch this movie.
(05-11-2010, 03:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: There were some stupid bits to it that bugged me, but it was easy for me to look past them just to see what was going to happen next.
It disturbs me that there were 3 people with 4 appendages making a total of 12 legs... The Human Dodecapede might not have been as appealing a title. For 100 legs, the insane doctor would need to sew together 25 people... Low budget indeed. It reminds me of the Pythonian skit of 3 brides for 4 brothers...

For horrible... I still think "Misery" with Kathy Bates was the most disturbing.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

I have no intention of watching the movie. That clip was already far more disturbing than I expect of my entertainment. However, because it was disturbing, the thought of it has struck me a few times since and it leaves me with a question. How does he get around the fact that the food provided at the front end would be almost devoid of nutritional value after passing through the first one or two segments? You never know when such information may come in handy. Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(05-11-2010, 04:47 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(05-11-2010, 03:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: There were some stupid bits to it that bugged me, but it was easy for me to look past them just to see what was going to happen next.
It disturbs me that there were 3 people with 4 appendages making a total of 12 legs... The Human Dodecapede might not have been as appealing a title. For 100 legs, the insane doctor would need to sew together 25 people... Low budget indeed. It reminds me of the Pythonian skit of 3 brides for 4 brothers...

Technically the movie is titled "The Human Centipede (First Sequence)". There is a sequel listed for release in 2011 titled "The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)". Which implies to me exactly what we can expect from that sequel.
(05-11-2010, 04:47 AM)kandrathe Wrote: It disturbs me that there were 3 people with 4 appendages making a total of 12 legs... The Human Dodecapede might not have been as appealing a title. For 100 legs, the insane doctor would need to sew together 25 people... Low budget indeed. It reminds me of the Pythonian skit of 3 brides for 4 brothers...

This movie was just the "First Sequence". I think that doctor is planning some additions in later movies, if there are any later movies.

Edit: beaten because I type slow
(05-11-2010, 10:42 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I have no intention of watching the movie. That clip was already far more disturbing than I expect of my entertainment. However, because it was disturbing, the thought of it has struck me a few times since and it leaves me with a question. How does he get around the fact that the food provided at the front end would be almost devoid of nutritional value after passing through the first one or two segments? You never know when such information may come in handy. Wink

The doctor wasn't exactly sane.

SPOILERS BELOW!

I'm not sure that the doctor cared about making his centipede a sustaining model. The movie shows that he did it before on his dogs and they died early too.
Eacvh time I see 'the doctor,' I think of Tom Baker.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(05-11-2010, 10:42 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I have no intention of watching the movie.
Yeah, I won't see it. First, I don't much like horror. What I see in my life is horror enough. Second, I don't like "bad" movies -- meaning poorly made low budget bad script movies. And third, part of the fun of watching a movie for me is watching it with a friend and discussing it. I don't know anyone who'd want to see something this wretchedly awful in content and form.

Hi,
(05-11-2010, 10:42 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: How does he get around the fact that the food provided at the front end would be almost devoid of nutritional value after passing through the first one or two segments?

At the end, the trailer advertises the film with "100% medical correct"... Confused According to the Wikipedia entry for that movie:

"Wikipedia Wrote:Tom Six stated that his intention was to create a film that was 100% medically accurate, consulting a Dutch surgeon during the creation and filming process. Six claimed that while initially reluctant to take part in the film due to both concerns about professional reputation and feelings that the film had nothing to do with medical science, after reading the script the surgeon took a very strong interest in the procedure, and went on to devise a method that he believed would work in real life. Six claims that with this method, using an IV drip to supplement the diet of the middle and back parts would allow the centipede to survive for 'years'.

I still don't know why I read the plot in Wikipedia and watched that trailer until the end. I found the idea and the pictured extremely disturbing, even though I cannot exactly pinpoint why, and somehow I still had to read the plot. For the rest of the day, I had a foul taste in my mouth, and will never ever watch that movie.

Yes, I'm a wuss.

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

No, but it is interesting that your movie has six or seven times as many views as Filth.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
No matter how bad the movie is it's totally worth it:

Human Centipede: The Game.
(05-25-2010, 08:56 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: No matter how bad the movie is it's totally worth it:

Human Centipede: The Game.

Pure win! I was laughing so hard while playing that. Very twisted sure, but funny!
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.