Odd behavior from Google Chrome
I use Google chrome on my win7 64bit home ultimate laptop, and for the past couple of days Chrome has been acting weird.

When I got to sites, sometimes it will hang up when I click a lick or type a url. By forcing a refresh several times I can get the page to load, but sometimes it will take 4-5 refreshes before I can get this to happen

I cleared out the history, cache, and temp files, that didn't change it.
I scanned my comp for malware/viruses/spyware/tracking cookies with AVG and Spybot, and turned up nothing.

Has anyone else had this happen? This is the second time that I have had Chrome crap out like this on me. The first time, I just got so fed up with it that I uninstalled it (old comp) and stopped using it, thinking that it was just the fact that the processor and memory config in the old system was too little for such a resource hog like chrome.

This laptop though, is pretty set in that department.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
A google of +Google +Chrome +Buggy reveals you are not the only person experiencing troubles. Especially, with graphics heavy content.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Ch...07a9&hl=en

"Some problems I have encountered also include halting of page loads especially when accessing sites with heavy graphics like photo blogs and video blogs. Like the experiences of others, even my own sites containing very minimal pictures and widgets did not load properly."

I use Firefox (with IE tabs addon), and am blissfully happy.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Are you still experiencing these issues today? I use IE and was noticing the same issues the last few days. I underwent some of the same trial and error fixes as you did and found nothing, but things are resolved for me today. My best guess is that somewhere along the lines for my isp infrastructure there were technical issues and you may utilize some of those same lines etc. I'm on Time Warner in the midwest and it seemed to me like I would just randomly recieve packet loss for periods of a few seconds. Pages would fail to load or stop loading halfway but if I refreshed it a couple times they would end up loading as if nothing were wrong.

Hopefully that's all it was for you as well.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it I'm fairly sure you are in the same area as I am and possibly also using TW.
(06-29-2010, 08:32 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Hopefully that's all it was for you as well.
My new answer for anything wrong with the internet is Joe Lieberman.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

It seems to be better today. I hate TWC with a passion. I wish that there was some sort of competitor that could give em a run, but sadly with the local phone company a different company every year (seriously, since sprint left town it has been 4 different names), I don't dare try something DSL with the next fly by night company.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(06-30-2010, 04:28 PM)shoju Wrote: It seems to be better today. I hate TWC with a passion. I wish that there was some sort of competitor that could give em a run, but sadly with the local phone company a different company every year (seriously, since sprint left town it has been 4 different names), I don't dare try something DSL with the next fly by night company.

Hey now, watch it or I'll turn you off.
Please, TWC doesn't know where the off switch is. I had HBO, Showtime, and starz! for 3 months after I called to tell them I didn't want after the promo was over.