non-spoiler cata question
I don't think this any kind of spoiler so I feel OK asking it. It really is just a confirmation of what has been talked about elsewhere.

Is the weapon skill mechanic truly gone in cata? I was skilling weapons on Terenas Lochnar today, working for his capped skills page. I was really burning out on doing the 399 -> 400 weapons stupidity for yet another toon and I decided I need to convince myself that it is even more of a waste of time if it is just going away in a month or two. Better to get a couple levels on the next toon.

[edit] This was intended for Lurker beta testers, a more reliable source than any game site forum post or article.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(09-18-2010, 06:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I don't think this any kind of spoiler so I feel OK asking it. It really is just a confirmation of what has been talked about elsewhere.

Is the weapon skill mechanic truly gone in cata? I was skilling weapons on Terenas Lochnar today, working for his capped skills page. I was really burning out on doing the 399 -> 400 weapons stupidity for yet another toon and I decided I need to convince myself that it is even more of a waste of time if it is just going away in a month or two. Better to get a couple levels on the next toon.

It is gone on the beta realms.
Intolerant monkey.
(09-18-2010, 06:36 AM)Treesh Wrote:
(09-18-2010, 06:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I don't think this any kind of spoiler so I feel OK asking it. It really is just a confirmation of what has been talked about elsewhere.

It is gone on the beta realms.

Wow, quick response. Cool beans! Now, if tailoring was just magically capped I wouldn't have to try to skill the last 10 points. Undecided
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Also gone on the 4.0.1 PTR. You get access to the weapons you can use, and have proper skill in all of them for your level.
--Mav
This is good to know, leveling up a shaman, now I don't have to feel bad about not having kept all of his weapon skill somewhere near max.