Keeping an eye on Engineering in the beta.
I have been following the datamining of this profession with much zeal, and there is some new information on the MMO-C homepage, as well as this little jewel

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/60854/loot-a-rang-nyi/

Loot-A-Rang (NYI)
Binds when equipped
Trinket
+56 Stamina
Item Level 85
Requires Engineering (500)
Retrieves the loot from a nearby corpse. (10 Sec Cooldown)
Disenchanting requires Enchanting (225)
Sell Price: 2 25

Oh My God Becky. Look at her Loot. I want this thing SO BAD!
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(08-13-2010, 09:32 PM)shoju Wrote: I have been following the datamining of this profession with much zeal, and there is some new information on the MMO-C homepage, as well as this little jewel

Loot-A-Rang (NYI)
Binds when equipped
Trinket
+56 Stamina
Item Level 85

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't one loot a corpse by just clicking on it?

In any event, all my characters are engineers!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-13-2010, 11:58 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(08-13-2010, 09:32 PM)shoju Wrote: I have been following the datamining of this profession with much zeal, and there is some new information on the MMO-C homepage, as well as this little jewel

Loot-A-Rang (NYI)
Binds when equipped
Trinket
+56 Stamina
Item Level 85

Because sometimes you aren't in melee when something dies (like a hunter) and it would take you longer to run up to the dead mob than it would for the trinket to go off cooldown.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(08-14-2010, 01:51 AM)Lissa Wrote: Because sometimes you aren't in melee when something dies (like a hunter) and it would take you longer to run up to the dead mob than it would for the trinket to go off cooldown.

I can see it might be useful in Wintergrasp.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
As a paladin, I have been known to move on and Hammer things at range while getting the next quest target. It will be super awesome if you don't have to select the corpse and it smart targets.

The cogwheels and pumps have a use now (the goggles), there are new pets, epic crafted bow, gun, crossbow, a new toolbox, and some other very cool things that are out there in datamine land.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(08-14-2010, 01:51 AM)Lissa Wrote:
(08-13-2010, 11:58 PM)LavCat Wrote:

Loot-A-Rang (NYI)
Binds when equipped
Trinket
+56 Stamina
Item Level 85

Because sometimes you aren't in melee when something dies (like a hunter) and it would take you longer to run up to the dead mob than it would for the trinket to go off cooldown.

Also, this would be great for those mobs that run over near a bunch of their buddies to die. Now, you have to decide if it is worth the effort to check their loot. I want one.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Funny little non-spoiler beta glitch that has nothing to do with engineering in beta, but I'm putting it here anyway.

There was a patch yesterday. I downloaded it today. At one point it told me there were over 7 million gig left to download. =) Not megs. Not kilobytes. Gigs. =)
Intolerant monkey.
(08-14-2010, 06:05 PM)Treesh Wrote: There was a patch yesterday. I downloaded it today. At one point it told me there were over 7 million gig left to download. =) Not megs. Not kilobytes. Gigs. =)
Pete told ya to get a hew HDD!

~Frag Big Grin
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(08-14-2010, 06:39 PM)Frag Wrote:
(08-14-2010, 06:05 PM)Treesh Wrote: There was a patch yesterday. I downloaded it today. At one point it told me there were over 7 million gig left to download. =) Not megs. Not kilobytes. Gigs. =)
Pete told ya to get a hew HDD!

~Frag Big Grin

Pete always knows!
Intolerant monkey.